PDA

View Full Version : Driver Question


Chris Murfitt
November 15th 03, 09:45 PM
Is using the 52.16 drivers with a geforce Ti4200 a waste of time since the
52xx are mainly for the FX series of cards? Should I just use earlier
drivers (44.03 or 45.23)? I don't notice a big difference except for 3D Mark
scores which go down for the 52.16's. Is there any advantage to using the
newer drivers with an older card?

ART
November 15th 03, 10:39 PM
I had 4200ti 64 and the best driver I ever had was 30.82.


MIKE737

"Chris Murfitt" > a écrit dans le message de
news:[email protected]
> Is using the 52.16 drivers with a geforce Ti4200 a waste of time since the
> 52xx are mainly for the FX series of cards? Should I just use earlier
> drivers (44.03 or 45.23)? I don't notice a big difference except for 3D
Mark
> scores which go down for the 52.16's. Is there any advantage to using the
> newer drivers with an older card?
>
>

DaveW
November 16th 03, 01:16 AM
The 52.16 driver includes instructions for the advanced shaders that are
part of the DX9 spec, which only the FX cards include.

--
DaveW



"Chris Murfitt" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Is using the 52.16 drivers with a geforce Ti4200 a waste of time since the
> 52xx are mainly for the FX series of cards? Should I just use earlier
> drivers (44.03 or 45.23)? I don't notice a big difference except for 3D
Mark
> scores which go down for the 52.16's. Is there any advantage to using the
> newer drivers with an older card?
>
>

Danger Mouse
November 16th 03, 02:48 PM
"ART" > wrote in message
...
> I had 4200ti 64 and the best driver I ever had was 30.82.
>
> I agree,i use a 4400ti 128 with the 30.82 drivers.Best performance for my
Flight Sim even though they score low on benchmarks.

ART
November 16th 03, 03:38 PM
Same for me , I was using a creative 4200TI-64 with FS2002 on a P4-1.9 and
everything set to max except 3D clouds at 50% , the sim was very smooth .
Have never O/C the card .
30.82 was definitety the best driver.
For FS9 , 4200TI is limited unfortunately .
Another sim , another time......

MIKE737

"Danger Mouse" > a écrit dans le message de
...
> "ART" > wrote in message
> ...
> > I had 4200ti 64 and the best driver I ever had was 30.82.
> >
> > I agree,i use a 4400ti 128 with the 30.82 drivers.Best performance for
my
> Flight Sim even though they score low on benchmarks.
>
>

Yves Leclerc
November 17th 03, 08:31 PM
Not all the FX cards would have the advanced shaders. I believe that the FX
5200s do not have them, or not the complete settings.

Y.

"DaveW" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]_s04...
> The 52.16 driver includes instructions for the advanced shaders that are
> part of the DX9 spec, which only the FX cards include.
>
> --
> DaveW
>
>
>
> "Chris Murfitt" > wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > Is using the 52.16 drivers with a geforce Ti4200 a waste of time since
the
> > 52xx are mainly for the FX series of cards? Should I just use earlier
> > drivers (44.03 or 45.23)? I don't notice a big difference except for 3D
> Mark
> > scores which go down for the 52.16's. Is there any advantage to using
the
> > newer drivers with an older card?
> >
> >
>
>

Lenny
November 17th 03, 11:40 PM
> Not all the FX cards would have the advanced shaders. I believe that the
FX
> 5200s do not have them, or not the complete settings.

That is incorrect. The 5200 is just (lots) slower than the other cards in
the series.