PDA

View Full Version : Forceware overheating GeForce FX 5200 Ultras?

Nada
November 7th 03, 11:50 AM
http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware/forceware_52.16/page16.asp

"However, NVIDIA's filtering in D3D applications and the cooling issue
we encountered with GeForce FX 5200 Ultra does leave us very
concerned. If you don't find yourself playing Halo or Tomb Raider
everyday, you may want to wait this driver release out until it's been
battle-tested a little bit longer. Detonator 44.03 certainly didn't
last long. Also, we highly recommend GeForce FX 5200 Ultra owners keep
a very close eye on their card's fan if they plan to upgrade to 52.16.
If you find that your fan does not operate after upgrading to 52.16,
revert back to 45.23 immediately. The new features and performance
gains seen here just aren't worth the risk of potentially damaging
your hardware."

Dark Avenger
November 7th 03, 04:17 PM
(Nada) wrote in message >...
> http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware/forceware_52.16/page16.asp
>
> "However, NVIDIA's filtering in D3D applications and the cooling issue
> we encountered with GeForce FX 5200 Ultra does leave us very
> concerned. If you don't find yourself playing Halo or Tomb Raider
> everyday, you may want to wait this driver release out until it's been
> battle-tested a little bit longer. Detonator 44.03 certainly didn't
> last long. Also, we highly recommend GeForce FX 5200 Ultra owners keep
> a very close eye on their card's fan if they plan to upgrade to 52.16.
> If you find that your fan does not operate after upgrading to 52.16,
> revert back to 45.23 immediately. The new features and performance
> gains seen here just aren't worth the risk of potentially damaging
> your hardware."

SOME cards may stop with cooling...again SOME!

It's indeed a shame that it happens yet happily it doesn't happens much!