PDA

View Full Version : Driver problems in knoppix.32 31 by SHIKHAR

Shikhar
November 6th 03, 06:39 PM
HI,
How do I install the nvidia graphic drivers in Knoppix Linux 3.2 with
its hard disk installed version.
The installer simply says that there is no kernel to compile for this
version of linux.
I hav a gefrce 4 ti 4400 128 meg card
Any help will be appreciated
Thank You
Shikhar

baskitcaise
November 6th 03, 09:55 PM
Shikhar wrote:

> HI,
> How do I install the nvidia graphic drivers in Knoppix Linux 3.2 with
> its hard disk installed version.
> The installer simply says that there is no kernel to compile for this
> version of linux.
> I hav a gefrce 4 ti 4400 128 meg card
> Any help will be appreciated
> Thank You
> Shikhar

Use the source Luke :)

--
Mark
Twixt hill and high water.

baskitcaise
November 7th 03, 07:39 AM
baskitcaise wrote:

> Shikhar wrote:
>
>> HI,
>> How do I install the nvidia graphic drivers in Knoppix Linux 3.2 with
>> its hard disk installed version.
>> The installer simply says that there is no kernel to compile for this
>> version of linux.
>> I hav a gefrce 4 ti 4400 128 meg card
>> Any help will be appreciated
>> Thank You
>> Shikhar
>
> Use the source Luke :)

Sorry a bit too quick with the send there should have added that you will need
the kernel source installed and configured.

--
Mark
Twixt hill and high water.
N.Wales, UK.
Email is spam trap try baskitcaise at gmx dot co dot uk

Shikhar
November 8th 03, 10:03 AM
baskitcaise > wrote in message >...
> baskitcaise wrote:
>
> > Shikhar wrote:
> >
> >> HI,
> >> How do I install the nvidia graphic drivers in Knoppix Linux 3.2 with
> >> its hard disk installed version.
> >> The installer simply says that there is no kernel to compile for this
> >> version of linux.
> >> I hav a gefrce 4 ti 4400 128 meg card
> >> Any help will be appreciated
> >> Thank You
> >> Shikhar
> >
> > Use the source Luke :)
> >

> Sorry a bit too quick with the send there should have added that you will need
> the kernel source installed and configured.

Where do I get the kernel sources,, NVIDIA is just giving the packages only.

baskitcaise
November 8th 03, 10:23 AM
Shikhar wrote:

> Where do I get the kernel sources,, NVIDIA is just giving the packages only.

I have found this site for you with the search crieria of "knoppix kernel
source" in google not sure if these are the ones you want though:-

http://developer.linuxtag.net/knoppix/sources/

Searched the web for knoppix kernel source.

I think you might find some of the links helpful :)