PDA

View Full Version : BIOS flash update advice plse - GF2GTS

Champx70
November 6th 03, 01:55 PM
I have an old nVidia GF2GTS card on which I want to update the bios.
I have downloaded a better BIOS and the NVFlash tool, but am unsure
which BIN file to use.

The bin files available are :
3.15.01.02.00gtsbt.bin
3.15.01.02.00gtsch.bin
3.15.01.02.00gtsph.bin
3.15.01.02.00gtssm.bin

My GF2GTS card has only a VGA connector - which bios should I use ?

Thanks in advance.

phobos
November 6th 03, 02:48 PM
Champx70 wrote:
> I have an old nVidia GF2GTS card on which I want to update the bios.
> I have downloaded a better BIOS and the NVFlash tool, but am unsure
> which BIN file to use.
>
> The bin files available are :
> 3.15.01.02.00gtsbt.bin
> 3.15.01.02.00gtsch.bin
> 3.15.01.02.00gtsph.bin
> 3.15.01.02.00gtssm.bin
>
> My GF2GTS card has only a VGA connector - which bios should I use ?
>
> Thanks in advance.

bt would be the brooktree tv encoder
ch is likely chrontel
ph is philips cx i think

sm might be the one? anyone else think so?

Champx70
November 7th 03, 10:40 AM
Thanks for help Phobos.
Flashed the SM type rom and all seems OK.
(Enabled sideband on the card too).