PDA

View Full Version : RCA TV-Out to an old TV with only coax

Nathan Lich
November 3rd 03, 08:48 PM
Hello All,
I've got a question here i am hoping someone cold perhaps have an answer
for.
I've got an NVidia video card with RCA TV-Out function. I have an old
television in my room that only has an coax jack for the signal. I would
like to take the TV-Out signal and feed it to the TV.

Is there any simple device that can be used to convert RCA level signal to
be compatible for simple coax input?

I thought I could use the Video IN function on the VCR and then connect coax
from VCR out to coax on tv however; would there be a special mode on the VCR
that I world have to switch to because if I use tv/video function I am only
getting the feed of whatever is on coax VCR input, not the RCA input.

I would really appreciate some input on this. Thanks in Advance!!
Naz

phobos
November 4th 03, 12:13 AM
Nathan Lich wrote:

> Hello All,
> I've got a question here i am hoping someone cold perhaps have an answer
> for.
> I've got an NVidia video card with RCA TV-Out function. I have an old
> television in my room that only has an coax jack for the signal. I would
> like to take the TV-Out signal and feed it to the TV.
>
> Is there any simple device that can be used to convert RCA level signal to
> be compatible for simple coax input?
>
> I thought I could use the Video IN function on the VCR and then connect coax
> from VCR out to coax on tv however; would there be a special mode on the VCR
> that I world have to switch to because if I use tv/video function I am only
> getting the feed of whatever is on coax VCR input, not the RCA input.
>
> I would really appreciate some input on this. Thanks in Advance!!
> Naz

Hop on over to RadioShack and look for a 29 buck RF Modulator. It
generally comes with composite (RCA) and s-video inputs to output RF
(coax). Overpriced I say, but it's a convenice cost I guess.

J.Clarke
November 4th 03, 12:38 AM
On Mon, 3 Nov 2003 14:48:54 -0500
"Nathan Lich" > wrote:

> Hello All,
> I've got a question here i am hoping someone cold perhaps have an
> answer for.
> I've got an NVidia video card with RCA TV-Out function. I have an old
> television in my room that only has an coax jack for the signal. I
> would like to take the TV-Out signal and feed it to the TV.
>
> Is there any simple device that can be used to convert RCA level
> signal to be compatible for simple coax input?
>
> I thought I could use the Video IN function on the VCR and then
> connect coax from VCR out to coax on tv however; would there be a
> special mode on the VCR that I world have to switch to because if I
> use tv/video function I am only getting the feed of whatever is on
> coax VCR input, not the RCA input.
>
> I would really appreciate some input on this. Thanks in Advance!!

If you're using a typical VCR then there's an input selection for the
RCA input--usually it will be "Line 1" or "Line 2" or some such.
> Naz

--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Jure Nemec
November 9th 03, 11:40 AM
>> If you're using a typical VCR then there's an input selection for the
> RCA input--usually it will be "Line 1" or "Line 2" or some such.

Or you might have AV or 0 (zero) on VCR's program-channel selector.

Yuri