PDA

View Full Version : Leadtek A350 ( 5900 ) in an ASUS P4P800 MoBo

Andrew Norton
November 2nd 03, 08:47 AM
I am considering buying a new rig with Leadtek A350 ( 5900 ) videocard in an
ASUS P4P800 MoBo.

Some reviewers have indicated that the A350 with its large aluminum cooling
shield does not physically fit in some MoBo's. If anyone is currently using
the above combination successfully, can they please let me know.

Thanks

Andrew Norton

Dark Avenger
November 3rd 03, 12:50 PM
"Andrew Norton" > wrote in message >...
> I am considering buying a new rig with Leadtek A350 ( 5900 ) videocard in an
> ASUS P4P800 MoBo.
>
> Some reviewers have indicated that the A350 with its large aluminum cooling
> shield does not physically fit in some MoBo's. If anyone is currently using
> the above combination successfully, can they please let me know.
>
> Thanks
>
> Andrew Norton

Just check if around your AGP slot you have high rise conductors or
other possible obstacles.

On my motherboard there arctually is NOTHING around the agp slot. So
it just depends on your motherboard, open your case and check if there
are conductors there...and look at the height of them.

And calculate in if you can place him.