PDA

View Full Version : 52.16 and Slooooow Boot

DougF
November 1st 03, 07:47 PM
After installing the 52.16 drivers my boot time went from about 1 - 1/2
minutes to something in the 4 minute range. Boot-Vis shows the "video card"
to take up the extra time.

I am running a PNY GeForce3 Ti200 with an ASUS P4T-E 2.0G MHZ and Windows XP
Pro.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,

DougF

Aki Peltola
November 1st 03, 08:54 PM
"DougF" > wrote
> After installing the 52.16 drivers my boot time went from
> about 1 - 1/2 minutes to something in the 4 minute range.
> I am running a PNY GeForce3 Ti200
> Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Forget the 5x.xx-drivers with that card.

Derek Wildstar
November 1st 03, 09:02 PM
"DougF" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]_s52...
> After installing the 52.16 drivers my boot time went from about 1 - 1/2
> minutes to something in the 4 minute range. Boot-Vis shows the "video
card"
> to take up the extra time.
>
> I am running a PNY GeForce3 Ti200 with an ASUS P4T-E 2.0G MHZ and Windows
XP
> Pro.

If you revert to the prior set of drivers, does the speed revert to
expected? If so, the drivers might be the cause. Hey, nothing is guaranteed
in the PC world.

Perhaps the processes known as the nvidia driver helper service aren't
playing well with the rest of the system, but that's just an educated guess.

Also, the 4x series of drivers are best for your card, not the 5x. Keep that
in mind...

phobos
November 1st 03, 09:19 PM
Derek Wildstar wrote:

> "DougF" > wrote in message
> news:[email protected]_s52...
>
>>After installing the 52.16 drivers my boot time went from about 1 - 1/2
>>minutes to something in the 4 minute range. Boot-Vis shows the "video
>
> card"
>
>>to take up the extra time.
>>
>>I am running a PNY GeForce3 Ti200 with an ASUS P4T-E 2.0G MHZ and Windows
>
> XP
>
>>Pro.
>

> If you revert to the prior set of drivers, does the speed revert to
> expected? If so, the drivers might be the cause. Hey, nothing is guaranteed
> in the PC world.
>
> Perhaps the processes known as the nvidia driver helper service aren't
> playing well with the rest of the system, but that's just an educated guess.
>
> Also, the 4x series of drivers are best for your card, not the 5x. Keep that
> in mind...

I'm running the 52.16's on my Leadtek GF3 TI200 without any problems.
Although I have a VIA board, so the chipset drivers are likely the major
difference here. Other than disabling the Nvidia helper service as
stated above, I would check your chipset drivers from the motherboard
manufacturer.

I've read a few other people having this problem and the common
demoninator seems to be some P4 boards. But I'm not absolutely certain.

I would use the 52.16's if you can though, there were many stability
enhancements and anisotropic filtering was sped up without image quality
sacrifices for boards other than the FX (there's very slight banding on
FX boards). It looks the same as 45.23 on mine.