PDA

View Full Version : Matrox G550 Vs FX 5600/5700U 2D

TELTRAIN
October 30th 03, 03:45 AM
What would be the faster card in 2D app's .

Tod
October 30th 03, 04:04 AM
I would assume at 2D there would be no real difference.
I doubt there is any reason for graphics chip makers
to make any speed improvement in 2D performance for the past several years.
At higher resolutions, on large (21") monitors, the Matrox G550 may have a
bit better picture quality.

"TELTRAIN" > wrote in message
> What would be the faster card in 2D app's .

Helion
October 31st 03, 04:43 AM
The FX series has separate core clocks for 2d and 3d apps, like previous
post said, shouldn't matter, already more than enough GPU power regardless
of video card brand/model.