PDA

View Full Version : nvcpl


Stuart Pierce
October 28th 03, 07:19 PM
Do I really need this thing in my startup? With older versions of the
driver, I always just unchecked it. With the 52.16 drivers, even if I
uncheck it, it comes right back after the next reboot. It looks like it
using some CPU time.

Stuart

IDAssociates Inc.
October 28th 03, 08:00 PM
I am also looking for a fix. Most commercial / freeware start managers get
rid of it and it re-appears at boot up every time. Please post a fix if
there is one. I also see a file in msconfig on the same line labeled
nvstartup. A NV start routine ? Cant find it or disable it ?


remove nospam from address to reply


"Stuart Pierce" > wrote in message
et...
> Do I really need this thing in my startup? With older versions of the
> driver, I always just unchecked it. With the 52.16 drivers, even if I
> uncheck it, it comes right back after the next reboot. It looks like it
> using some CPU time.
>
> Stuart
>
>

Shepİ
October 28th 03, 09:24 PM
On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 12:00:23 -0700, Knowing that it was a Hollywood
invention that lemmings jump off cliffs "IDAssociates Inc."
> wrote :

>I am also looking for a fix. Most commercial / freeware start managers get
>rid of it and it re-appears at boot up every time. Please post a fix if
>there is one. I also see a file in msconfig on the same line labeled
>nvstartup. A NV start routine ? Cant find it or disable it ?
>
>
>remove nospam from address to reply

Heh.Heh.It's really buggin' you innit<grin>.
Leave it be it's doing no harm ;-)



>
>"Stuart Pierce" > wrote in message
et...
>> Do I really need this thing in my startup? With older versions of the
>> driver, I always just unchecked it. With the 52.16 drivers, even if I
>> uncheck it, it comes right back after the next reboot. It looks like it
>> using some CPU time.
>>
>> Stuart
>>
>>
>



--
Free Windows/PC help,
http://www.geocities.com/sheppola/trouble.html
email shepATpartyheld.de
Free songs download,
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/nomessiahsmusic.htm

Me
October 28th 03, 10:08 PM
You running coolbits and/or overclocking the card ?


"Stuart Pierce" > wrote in message
et...
> Do I really need this thing in my startup? With older versions of the
> driver, I always just unchecked it. With the 52.16 drivers, even if I
> uncheck it, it comes right back after the next reboot. It looks like it
> using some CPU time.
>
> Stuart
>
>

IDAssociates Inc.
October 28th 03, 10:09 PM
Coolbits running but not overclocked.


drop nospam to reply.


"Me" > wrote in message
...
> You running coolbits and/or overclocking the card ?
>
>
> "Stuart Pierce" > wrote in message
> et...
> > Do I really need this thing in my startup? With older versions of the
> > driver, I always just unchecked it. With the 52.16 drivers, even if I
> > uncheck it, it comes right back after the next reboot. It looks like it
> > using some CPU time.
> >
> > Stuart
> >
> >
>
>

Me
October 28th 03, 10:25 PM
As far as I remember, that is added by coolbits to enable the overclock
every time the system is booted. Or something like that.

Been a long time since I last looked it up.




"IDAssociates Inc." > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Coolbits running but not overclocked.
>
>
> drop nospam to reply.
>
>
> "Me" > wrote in message
> ...
> > You running coolbits and/or overclocking the card ?
> >
> >
> > "Stuart Pierce" > wrote in message
> > et...
> > > Do I really need this thing in my startup? With older versions of the
> > > driver, I always just unchecked it. With the 52.16 drivers, even if I
> > > uncheck it, it comes right back after the next reboot. It looks like
it
> > > using some CPU time.
> > >
> > > Stuart
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>

Me
October 28th 03, 10:25 PM
Well maybe not directly by coolbits but as a result of it.


"Me" > wrote in message
...
> As far as I remember, that is added by coolbits to enable the overclock
> every time the system is booted. Or something like that.
>
> Been a long time since I last looked it up.
>
>
>
>
> "IDAssociates Inc." > wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > Coolbits running but not overclocked.
> >
> >
> > drop nospam to reply.
> >
> >
> > "Me" > wrote in message
> > ...
> > > You running coolbits and/or overclocking the card ?
> > >
> > >
> > > "Stuart Pierce" > wrote in message
> > > et...
> > > > Do I really need this thing in my startup? With older versions of
the
> > > > driver, I always just unchecked it. With the 52.16 drivers, even if
I
> > > > uncheck it, it comes right back after the next reboot. It looks
like
> it
> > > > using some CPU time.
> > > >
> > > > Stuart
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>

IDAssociates Inc.
October 28th 03, 11:03 PM
Hmm. Deleted 52.16 and edited out coolbits, resinstalled and nvwiz and
nvcpl still turn up in msconfig. Gogle search only yields whatt hey are for
and nothing about how to get rid of them. They arent needed.




"Me" > wrote in message
...
> Well maybe not directly by coolbits but as a result of it.
>
>
> "Me" > wrote in message
> ...
> > As far as I remember, that is added by coolbits to enable the overclock
> > every time the system is booted. Or something like that.
> >
> > Been a long time since I last looked it up.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > "IDAssociates Inc." > wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]
> > > Coolbits running but not overclocked.
> > >
> > >
> > > drop nospam to reply.
> > >
> > >
> > > "Me" > wrote in message
> > > ...
> > > > You running coolbits and/or overclocking the card ?
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > "Stuart Pierce" > wrote in message
> > > > et...
> > > > > Do I really need this thing in my startup? With older versions of
> the
> > > > > driver, I always just unchecked it. With the 52.16 drivers, even
if
> I
> > > > > uncheck it, it comes right back after the next reboot. It looks
> like
> > it
> > > > > using some CPU time.
> > > > >
> > > > > Stuart
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>

DrFish
October 28th 03, 11:49 PM
Am Tue, 28 Oct 2003 15:03:24 -0700, "IDAssociates Inc."
> schrieb:

>Hmm. Deleted 52.16 and edited out coolbits, resinstalled and nvwiz and
>nvcpl still turn up in msconfig. Gogle search only yields whatt hey are for
>and nothing about how to get rid of them. They arent needed.
>

Think again.

nvcpl is the display manager itself.

nvcpl = Nvidia control panel. Got it?


DrFish

Bora Ugurlu

Ron
October 29th 03, 12:58 AM
DrFish wrote:
> Am Tue, 28 Oct 2003 15:03:24 -0700, "IDAssociates Inc."
> > schrieb:
>
>> Hmm. Deleted 52.16 and edited out coolbits, resinstalled and nvwiz
>> and nvcpl still turn up in msconfig. Gogle search only yields whatt
>> hey are for and nothing about how to get rid of them. They arent
>> needed.
>>
>
> Think again.
>
> nvcpl is the display manager itself.
>
> nvcpl = Nvidia control panel. Got it?
>
>
> DrFish
>
> Bora Ugurlu
>

Agreed. The extension .cpl is almost exclusively used for control panel
interfaces.

Ron

IDAssociates Inc.
October 29th 03, 05:42 AM
There is no file preceded by anything nv*** with an extension of cpl. If I
am not mistaken a DLL file is not used for cpl functions. Besides in prior
45*** versions this file could be totally and permanently deleted from the
registry and startup and it would never return at every boot.




"Granulated" > wrote in message
...
> On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 18:58:34 -0500 "Ron" > meeped :
>
> >DrFish wrote:
> >> Am Tue, 28 Oct 2003 15:03:24 -0700, "IDAssociates Inc."
> >> > schrieb:
> >>
> >>> Hmm. Deleted 52.16 and edited out coolbits, resinstalled and nvwiz
> >>> and nvcpl still turn up in msconfig. Gogle search only yields whatt
> >>> hey are for and nothing about how to get rid of them. They arent
> >>> needed.
> >>>
> >>
> >> Think again.
> >>
> >> nvcpl is the display manager itself.
> >>
> >> nvcpl = Nvidia control panel. Got it?
> >>
> >>
> >> DrFish
> >>
> >> Bora Ugurlu
> >>
> >
> >Agreed. The extension .cpl is almost exclusively used for control panel
> >interfaces.
> >
> >Ron
> >
>
>
>
> strange..I dont have it as a running process.
> perhaps it only runs if you enable nview desktop management ??

Stuart Pierce
October 29th 03, 07:49 AM
No.

"Me" > wrote in message
...
> You running coolbits and/or overclocking the card ?
>
>
> "Stuart Pierce" > wrote in message
> et...
> > Do I really need this thing in my startup? With older versions of the
> > driver, I always just unchecked it. With the 52.16 drivers, even if I
> > uncheck it, it comes right back after the next reboot. It looks like it
> > using some CPU time.
> >
> > Stuart
> >
> >
>
>

Morgan
October 29th 03, 11:51 AM
> It looks like it using some CPU time.

Why would you want to bother for anyway....?

Using CPU time as a reason when CPU usage, for me, is at zero % with it
loaded doesn't seem a big issue - unless I'm missing something here...?


--
Regards

Morgan

My noisy drive is noisy no more...
www.flyinglizard.freeserve.co.uk

Me
October 29th 03, 05:21 PM
That file is used on Windows startup to call functions of the driver related
to card performance.

Remove it from the registry and it should all run ok.
Don't think it should reappear either.


"Stuart Pierce" > wrote in message
et...
> Do I really need this thing in my startup? With older versions of the
> driver, I always just unchecked it. With the 52.16 drivers, even if I
> uncheck it, it comes right back after the next reboot. It looks like it
> using some CPU time.
>
> Stuart
>
>

Me
October 29th 03, 05:33 PM
Just removed mine and restarted.

It's put back automatically.
Oh well, it's not hurting as far as I can see.
Guess I'll just leave it, can't be bothered to trace where it's coming back
from.


"Me" > wrote in message
...
> That file is used on Windows startup to call functions of the driver
related
> to card performance.
>
> Remove it from the registry and it should all run ok.
> Don't think it should reappear either.
>
>
> "Stuart Pierce" > wrote in message
> et...
> > Do I really need this thing in my startup? With older versions of the
> > driver, I always just unchecked it. With the 52.16 drivers, even if I
> > uncheck it, it comes right back after the next reboot. It looks like it
> > using some CPU time.
> >
> > Stuart
> >
> >
>
>