PDA

View Full Version : 52.16 & tv-out

tourettes
October 26th 03, 07:59 PM
I can't enable 720x576 @ 50Hz mode for tv-out with these new drivers.

Whole 720x576 resolution seems to be missing from tv-out. With older
drivers I could just use RivaTuner to add that specific resolution for
tv-out but with these new drivers that workaround doesn't seem to work.

52.16 drivers include internal 'Change Resolutions' but add custom
resolution is only available for monitor not for tv-out.

50Hz for tv-out seems also be missing, all I can select is 60Hz for
every tv-out mode.

GF4 4200 with Conexant CX25873

---
Janne

October 26th 03, 09:11 PM
Try to override the refresh rates. Assuming you have Windows XP, right click
the desktop and click properties, then the SETTINGS tab, then advanced. Go
into the TAB for your specific card. There should be a GF 4 TI 4200 TAB.
Click override refresh rates. If you still do not see the resolution then
find the box that says Hide Modes that this monitor cannot support and
untick this box.

regards

"tourettes" > wrote in message
> I can't enable 720x576 @ 50Hz mode for tv-out with these new drivers.
>
> Whole 720x576 resolution seems to be missing from tv-out. With older
> drivers I could just use RivaTuner to add that specific resolution for
> tv-out but with these new drivers that workaround doesn't seem to work.
>
> 52.16 drivers include internal 'Change Resolutions' but add custom
> resolution is only available for monitor not for tv-out.
>
> 50Hz for tv-out seems also be missing, all I can select is 60Hz for
> every tv-out mode.
>

> GF4 4200 with Conexant CX25873
>

> ---
> Janne

tourettes
October 26th 03, 10:16 PM
B wrote:
> Try to override the refresh rates. Assuming you have Windows XP, right click
> the desktop and click properties, then the SETTINGS tab, then advanced. Go
> into the TAB for your specific card. There should be a GF 4 TI 4200 TAB.
> Click override refresh rates. If you still do not see the resolution then
> find the box that says Hide Modes that this monitor cannot support and
> untick this box.

720x576 resolution is found from monitor and tv override refresh rates
tabs. 720x576 resolution can be used on monitor but not on tv-out.

Also 60Hz is only refresh rate that is available for all tv-out modes.
PAL movies needs 50Hz.

---
Janne

tourettes
October 27th 03, 12:52 PM
tourettes wrote:
> B wrote:
>
>> Try to override the refresh rates. Assuming you have Windows XP, right
>> click
>> the desktop and click properties, then the SETTINGS tab, then
>> advanced. Go
>> into the TAB for your specific card. There should be a GF 4 TI 4200 TAB.
>> Click override refresh rates. If you still do not see the resolution then
>> find the box that says Hide Modes that this monitor cannot support and
>> untick this box.
>

> 720x576 resolution is found from monitor and tv override refresh rates
> tabs. 720x576 resolution can be used on monitor but not on tv-out.

Tried 52.16 drives in clean Windows XP isntallation. Now 720x576
resolution is available for tv-out. It seems that removing older
45.33 drivers from control panel and using Driver Cleaner 2.0 wasn't
enough.

> Also 60Hz is only refresh rate that is available for all tv-out modes.
> PAL movies needs 50Hz.

So, does anyone have ideas how 52.16 drivers would allow 50Hz?

Michael F.S. Christensen
October 28th 03, 12:40 PM
> ....snip....
>
> Tried 52.16 drives in clean Windows XP isntallation. Now 720x576
> resolution is available for tv-out. It seems that removing older
> 45.33 drivers from control panel and using Driver Cleaner 2.0 wasn't
> enough.
>
> So, does anyone have ideas how 52.16 drivers would allow 50Hz?

I have the exact same problem.

See
http://groups.google.dk/groups?q=tvout+michael+f.+s.+christensen&hl=da&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&selm=3f906df0%240%2421027%24ba624c82%40nntp02.dk.t elia.net&rnum=2

TVout @ 50 hz is impossible in the newer drivers.