PDA

View Full Version : Geforce FX GO 5600 drivers?

Lutrell
October 25th 03, 06:42 PM
I have a laptop with WXP and the Geforce FX Go 5600 and tried to install the
52.16 drivers but it still says I have the drivers that came with the laptop
(Driver version 6.14.10.4401 date 4/28/03). The release notes from
Nvidia.com list the 52.16 drivers for the FX Go5600 as supported, but the
readme of the 52.16 file download do not list the FX Go5600. Will 52.16 work
with FX Go5600 and if so then how do I install?
The reason for upgrading drivers is that with BF1942 it has intermittent
white out or blank parts of the screen (with all BF1942 version up to Secret
Weapons).

Thanks,
Lutrell

Lutrell
October 25th 03, 08:34 PM
"Hasj Pee" > wrote in message
e...

> "Lutrell" > schreef in bericht
> > I have a laptop with WXP and the Geforce FX Go 5600 and tried to install
> the
> > 52.16 drivers but it still says I have the drivers that came with the
> laptop
> > (Driver version 6.14.10.4401 date 4/28/03). The release notes from
> > Nvidia.com list the 52.16 drivers for the FX Go5600 as supported, but
the
> > readme of the 52.16 file download do not list the FX Go5600. Will 52.16
> work
> > with FX Go5600 and if so then how do I install?
> > The reason for upgrading drivers is that with BF1942 it has intermittent
> > white out or blank parts of the screen (with all BF1942 version up to
> Secret
> > Weapons).
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Lutrell
> >

> Hello!
>
> For laptops it is always best to check the site of the maker of the laptop
> for updated drivers.
> Try to mail them if it will work.
> In the past the Unified drivers didn't work (well) on laptops.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Hasj Pee

Thanks,
I looked at the laptop web site and they do not list any drivers, so I will
email them.

Anyone else using BF1942 with FX Go5600 on there laptop?

Lutrell

Lutrell
October 26th 03, 08:24 PM
"derob" <schupp AT xs4all DOT nl> wrote in message
ll.nl...

> > Thanks,
> > I looked at the laptop web site and they do not list any drivers, so I
> will
> > email them.
> >

> I have a GF4 440 Go in my laptop, which is also not supported and I simply
> selected the driver for the MX 440. It works fine. the driver detected the
> right chip (440 Go) and also powermizer works...
>
> Greetz,
>
> Derob

Thanks,
I emailed the Laptop manufacture and they said to just use the regular
drivers from Nvidia.
Lutrell