PDA

View Full Version : Wot should I buy ?


Alex Sinclair
October 25th 03, 10:24 AM
Hi peeps.
Recently bought Jetway MX440 8x. Not overly impressed.
I can get a Geforce FX 5200 128MB for 50 or if I wait until after xmas, a
Geforce FX 5600 128MB for 90, OR fx5600 256Mb for 120.

or ati radeon 9200 128mb 50, or 9600 Pro for 110

So may I ask you guys advice on where to place my cash, many thanks.

BTW like flight sim type games, Athlon 2200+, KOB kt400 mobo, 256 ram at
present.

Andrew
October 25th 03, 10:26 AM
On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 10:24:10 +0100, "Alex Sinclair"
> wrote:

>So may I ask you guys advice on where to place my cash, many thanks.
>
9600 Pro would get my vote.
--
Andrew. To email unscramble & remove spamtrap.
Help make Usenet a better place: English is read downwards,
please don't top post. Trim messages to quote only relevent text.
Check groups.google.com before asking a question.

Shawk
October 25th 03, 10:55 AM
"Andrew" <[email protected]> wrote in message
...
> On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 10:24:10 +0100, "Alex Sinclair"
> > wrote:
>
> >So may I ask you guys advice on where to place my cash, many thanks.
> >
> 9600 Pro would get my vote.
> --
> Andrew. To email unscramble & remove spamtrap.
> Help make Usenet a better place: English is read downwards,
> please don't top post. Trim messages to quote only relevent text.
> Check groups.google.com before asking a question.

Same here.

Mark
October 25th 03, 03:46 PM
Alex Sinclair wrote:

> Hi peeps.
> Recently bought Jetway MX440 8x. Not overly impressed.
> I can get a Geforce FX 5200 128MB for 50 or if I wait until after xmas, a
> Geforce FX 5600 128MB for 90, OR fx5600 256Mb for 120.
>
> or ati radeon 9200 128mb 50, or 9600 Pro for 110
>
> So may I ask you guys advice on where to place my cash, many thanks.
>
> BTW like flight sim type games, Athlon 2200+, KOB kt400 mobo, 256 ram at
> present.
>
>
Wait for the FX5700, it's better than the R9600 and will cost around
150. If must buy something now, the Radeon R9600 is the best value,
but the FX5600ultra is quite nice too.

Alex Sinclair
October 25th 03, 05:10 PM
Great, that gives me a chance to make direct comparisons. Thanks a lot.

( more opinions/ suggestions very welcome ;-) )

"Mark" > wrote in message
...
> Alex Sinclair wrote:
>
> > Hi peeps.
> > Recently bought Jetway MX440 8x. Not overly impressed.
> > I can get a Geforce FX 5200 128MB for 50 or if I wait until after
xmas, a
> > Geforce FX 5600 128MB for 90, OR fx5600 256Mb for 120.
> >
> > or ati radeon 9200 128mb 50, or 9600 Pro for 110
> >
> > So may I ask you guys advice on where to place my cash, many thanks.
> >
> > BTW like flight sim type games, Athlon 2200+, KOB kt400 mobo, 256 ram at
> > present.
> >
> >
> Wait for the FX5700, it's better than the R9600 and will cost around
> 150. If must buy something now, the Radeon R9600 is the best value,
> but the FX5600ultra is quite nice too.
>

HamMan
October 25th 03, 05:24 PM
"Alex Sinclair" > wrote in message
...
> Hi peeps.
> Recently bought Jetway MX440 8x. Not overly impressed.
> I can get a Geforce FX 5200 128MB for 50 or if I wait until after xmas,
a
> Geforce FX 5600 128MB for 90, OR fx5600 256Mb for 120.
>
> or ati radeon 9200 128mb 50, or 9600 Pro for 110
>
> So may I ask you guys advice on where to place my cash, many thanks.
>
> BTW like flight sim type games, Athlon 2200+, KOB kt400 mobo, 256 ram at
> present.
>
>

I would suggest that you get at least another 256Mb of RAM, CFS3 and FS2004
seem to like the stuff, as that is likely to be the next bottleneck the
system will face.

Alex Sinclair
October 25th 03, 05:36 PM
Cool HamMan,. I have another 512 on my wish list too ;-)
"HamMan" > wrote in message
...
>
> "Alex Sinclair" > wrote in message
> ...
> > Hi peeps.
> > Recently bought Jetway MX440 8x. Not overly impressed.
> > I can get a Geforce FX 5200 128MB for 50 or if I wait until after
xmas,
> a
> > Geforce FX 5600 128MB for 90, OR fx5600 256Mb for 120.
> >
> > or ati radeon 9200 128mb 50, or 9600 Pro for 110
> >
> > So may I ask you guys advice on where to place my cash, many thanks.
> >
> > BTW like flight sim type games, Athlon 2200+, KOB kt400 mobo, 256 ram at
> > present.
> >
> >
>
> I would suggest that you get at least another 256Mb of RAM, CFS3 and
FS2004
> seem to like the stuff, as that is likely to be the next bottleneck the
> system will face.
>
>

Darthy
October 27th 03, 10:08 AM
On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 17:10:48 +0100, "Alex Sinclair"
> wrote:

>Great, that gives me a chance to make direct comparisons. Thanks a lot.
>
>( more opinions/ suggestions very welcome ;-) )

http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.html?i=1910


5700 Ultra VS 9600 XT

They're both good cards.... when they come out.


--
Remember when real men used Real computers!?
When 512K of video RAM was a lot!

Death to Palladium & WPA!!