PDA

View Full Version : Could I buy the 5950 cooling system seperately?

cheezemurda
October 23rd 03, 09:50 AM
I was just wondering if there were any company's out there that sell the cooling system that the 5950 has...or...anything like it(like an add on)
Or would it be possible to buy it from NVIDIA?...and if so how much would it cost....I have a 5900 and I really like the cooling system on the 5950.
I dont care how fast or slow a vid card is..I think this cooling system should be mandatory....Well...if there is no way to buy it...id think it would be
pretty tight to slap it on a 5900 and overclock it to get the same effect as the 5950.

i'm_tired
October 23rd 03, 05:42 PM
cheezemurda wrote:
> I was just wondering if there were any company's out there that sell
> the cooling system that the 5950 has...or...anything like it(like an
> add on)
> Or would it be possible to buy it from NVIDIA?...and if so how much
> would it cost....I have a 5900 and I really like the cooling system
> on the 5950.
> I dont care how fast or slow a vid card is..I think this cooling
> system should be mandatory....Well...if there is no way to buy
> it...id think it would be pretty tight to slap it on a 5900 and
> overclock it to get the same effect as the 5950.

Well, overclocking only partly relies on temperature. There can be other
factors that can keep you from achieving desired results. If you seriously
want a different cooling solution, have a look at something like this
http://www.coolerguys.com/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=889