PDA

View Full Version : Halo on Ti4200 - green Sniper Scope

Darthy
October 23rd 03, 07:03 AM
When playing HALO (Demo version - available from M$ website) on my
system, when i switch to ZOOM mode for the sniper rifle - the viewer
is basiclly ALL GREEN.

There is some nore HUD data that looks fine (like arrow showing my
team, etc)... and I tried to ZOOM in and out... but it stays the same
solid color.

When 512K of video RAM was a lot!

Death to Palladium & WPA!!

Steve D
October 23rd 03, 07:30 AM
thats because you are using the night vision scope...read the manual

"Darthy" > wrote in message
> When playing HALO (Demo version - available from M$ website) on my
> system, when i switch to ZOOM mode for the sniper rifle - the viewer
> is basiclly ALL GREEN.
>
> There is some nore HUD data that looks fine (like arrow showing my
> team, etc)... and I tried to ZOOM in and out... but it stays the same
> solid color.
>

> --
> Remember when real men used Real computers!?
> When 512K of video RAM was a lot!
>
> Death to Palladium & WPA!!

Stoneskin
October 23rd 03, 08:49 AM
Darthy left a note on my windscreen which said:

> When playing HALO (Demo version - available from M$ website) on my
> system, when i switch to ZOOM mode for the sniper rifle - the viewer
> is basiclly ALL GREEN.
>
> There is some nore HUD data that looks fine (like arrow showing my
> team, etc)... and I tried to ZOOM in and out... but it stays the same
> solid color.

Night vision scope. Press the 'torch' button when zoomed in to turn it
on or off.
--

Stoneskin

[Insert sig here]

Nick (no dashes)
October 23rd 03, 09:39 AM
Darthys Sig:
When 512K of video RAM was a lot!

Death to Palladium & WPA!!

Nick says:

My arse. My first REAL computer (I was 7) had 3.5k of total ram. Step
forward 10 years and I was excited when I got a computer with 512k ram.

Forget this half meg of VIDEO ONLY ram.

Nada
October 24th 03, 09:27 AM
Darthy > wrote:
> When playing HALO (Demo version - available from M$ website) on my
> system, when i switch to ZOOM mode for the sniper rifle - the viewer
> is basiclly ALL GREEN.

The Incredible HULK has been seen leaping all around the ring world
and farting green fog.

Darthy
October 24th 03, 11:02 AM
On 24 Oct 2003 01:27:29 -0700, (Nada) wrote:

>Darthy > wrote:
>> When playing HALO (Demo version - available from M$ website) on my
>> system, when i switch to ZOOM mode for the sniper rifle - the viewer
>> is basiclly ALL GREEN.
>
>The Incredible HULK has been seen leaping all around the ring world
>and farting green fog.

How did the HULK get to HALO? With his genetics, hes able to live
for 500 years?

When 512K of video RAM was a lot!

Death to Palladium & WPA!!

Darthy
October 24th 03, 11:05 AM
On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 23:30:40 -0700, "Steve D" >
wrote:

>thats because you are using the night vision scope...read the manual

No manal came with the DEMO...

The README file refered to troubleshooting and such.... no story or
anything.

When 512K of video RAM was a lot!

Death to Palladium & WPA!!

Darthy
October 24th 03, 11:08 AM
On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 18:39:53 +1000, "Nick (no dashes)"
> wrote:
>
>Nick says:
>
>My arse. My first REAL computer (I was 7) had 3.5k of total ram. Step
>forward 10 years and I was excited when I got a computer with 512k ram.
>
> Forget this half meg of VIDEO ONLY ram.

So.... you're saying you OWNED an Commodore (chicklips) VIC-20 as well
:)

8 amazing colors
22 column by 20 rows
3 voices that wen BEEP like (blew away AppleII)

I had dreams of getting the 8k RAM card for it... but got the C=128
instead. My Amiga 1000 had 512mb... getting 2mb for it ROCKED.

When 512K of video RAM was a lot!

Death to Palladium & WPA!!

Andrew
October 24th 03, 11:11 AM
On Fri, 24 Oct 2003 10:08:41 GMT, Darthy
> wrote:

>8 amazing colors
>22 column by 20 rows
>3 voices that wen BEEP like (blew away AppleII)

Luxury! My first machine was a ZX81, 1K of memory (shared with frame
buffer), no colour, no sound! :-)
please don't top post. Trim messages to quote only relevent text.

Darthy
October 24th 03, 08:28 PM
On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 08:49:59 +0100, Stoneskin > wrote:

>Darthy left a note on my windscreen which said:
>
>> When playing HALO (Demo version - available from M$ website) on my
>> system, when i switch to ZOOM mode for the sniper rifle - the viewer
>> is basiclly ALL GREEN.
>>
>> There is some nore HUD data that looks fine (like arrow showing my
>> team, etc)... and I tried to ZOOM in and out... but it stays the same
>> solid color.
>
>Night vision scope. Press the 'torch' button when zoomed in to turn it
>on or off.

er... thats not it... Flash light/torch button... I get greenish
rather than brownish flat colors.

Again.. when using the rocket launcher and Sniper rifle on the DEMO
game - when pressing the ZOOM button - all I see is 1 single shade of
color. Like ALL BROWN (ground) all green (grass) all blue (sky). the
zoom factor says x2. HUD data looks fine... but nothing to see.

This is the whole screen.

Using the 45.xx drivers. Ti4200

When I used 5x.xx drivers, other games would not work correctly...
crash out all together.

When 512K of video RAM was a lot!

Death to Palladium & WPA!!

Falcon 1209
October 29th 03, 03:44 AM
I currently have this problem, but it only occurred when I downgraded my
nVidia drivers to play Vice city. Now Vice city works flawless and Halo has
minor glitches. Ex.. Dysfunctional sniper. So basically just upgrade your
video card drivers and I hope that works for you.

"Falcon1209"

"Nada" > wrote in message
om...
> Darthy > wrote:
> > When playing HALO (Demo version - available from M$ website) on my
> > system, when i switch to ZOOM mode for the sniper rifle - the viewer
> > is basiclly ALL GREEN.
>
> The Incredible HULK has been seen leaping all around the ring world
> and farting green fog.

Darthy
October 29th 03, 11:52 AM
Installed the 52.16 drivers *FIXED* it... but UT-1 seems to look a bit
worse... also, it messed up my mouse-tail which has to be disabled...

52.16... not CLEAN drivers if it messes up the WindowsDESKTOP!!

On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 02:44:48 GMT, "Falcon 1209"
> wrote:

>I currently have this problem, but it only occurred when I downgraded my
>nVidia drivers to play Vice city. Now Vice city works flawless and Halo has
>minor glitches. Ex.. Dysfunctional sniper. So basically just upgrade your
>video card drivers and I hope that works for you.
>
> "Falcon1209"

om...