PDA

View Full Version : GF3 ti 200 and flash lockups, Please help??????

October 22nd 03, 07:30 PM
My system still randomly locks up whilst viewing flash animations on
websites? HELLLLLLLPPPPPPP... This is driving me insane!!!

It has been suggested (see below) that the problem lies with the VIA chipset
(my motherboard) and the GF 3 ti200 Graphics card that I have. I've updated
my system with the latest via 4 in 1's but the problem still persists.

Has anyone else experienced this, got a solutions to it.

Please suggest anything..............

thanks,

Jon

Installed the latest 4 in 1 drivers from viaarena but the problem just
occured a few minutes ago?

Any more ideas about this one?

I think is is either flash or graphics card related. The crash always
appears when viewing flash content (e.g adverts loading, playing flash
games.

It's annoying the hell out of me and would be nice to fix it (I'm sure the
fact I have a VIA chipset is the reason behind it all- I think I'll be Intel
all the way next time I build a machine!!)

Jon.

-------------------------------------
ok thanks, I'll give it a try!!

Jon.

"Mike Tomlinson" > wrote in message
> In article >, J >
> >I also had this same problem on the same PC but when running Win98SE.
> >
> >Any clues.
>
> If your mobo has a VIA chipset, install the latest 4-in-1 drivers.
> www.viaarena.com.
>
> had this exact same problem today with a Nvidia TNT2 M64 and
> KT400/XP2500.
>
> --
> A. Top posters.
> Q. What's the most annoying thing on Usenet?

---

In article >, J >
>I also had this same problem on the same PC but when running Win98SE.
>
>Any clues.

If your mobo has a VIA chipset, install the latest 4-in-1 drivers.
www.viaarena.com.

had this exact same problem today with a Nvidia TNT2 M64 and
KT400/XP2500.

--
A. Top posters.

----------------------------------

Basically my Windows 2000 system locks up several times a day whilst viewing
flash content (e.g banners on websites). The time it crashes is fairly
random. I think now it has been traced to a GFX card driver problem (ruled
out background software now)

I have a Geforce 3 ti200 and are using 44.03 drivers. Everything else with
the card is ok games etc.... It does lockup when viewing flash content off
the web (not all the time) e.g using macromedia flash MX. It's just always
when flash content is being show (a slight corruption of the flash movie can
also be seen- which suggest this is the reason for the whole lockup)

Anyone else vouch for this same problem and how to correct it.

I also had this same problem on the same PC but when running Win98SE.

Any clues.

---

phobos
October 22nd 03, 09:12 PM
J wrote:
> [...]
> Q. What's the most annoying thing on Usenet?
>
> ----------------------------------
>
> Basically my Windows 2000 system locks up several times a day whilst viewing
> flash content (e.g banners on websites). The time it crashes is fairly
> random. I think now it has been traced to a GFX card driver problem (ruled
> out background software now)
>
> I have a Geforce 3 ti200 and are using 44.03 drivers. Everything else with
> the card is ok games etc.... It does lockup when viewing flash content off
> the web (not all the time) e.g using macromedia flash MX. It's just always
> when flash content is being show (a slight corruption of the flash movie can
> also be seen- which suggest this is the reason for the whole lockup)
>
> Anyone else vouch for this same problem and how to correct it.
>
> I also had this same problem on the same PC but when running Win98SE.

This could be related to the old MWQ bug (pci latency). Try
uninstalling your current Via's, install the old 4-in-1 version
4.40a(p3) (which had the latency patch), and then upgrade to the latest
Hyperions.

The newer drivers don't set the proper register and on some boards
unless properly set, it'll cause lockups in certain apps and games.

Older driver sets are listed under the main download page at viaarena.com.

October 22nd 03, 09:47 PM
thankyou for your help I'll give that a go!!