PDA

View Full Version : Enabling 768x576 Resolution

Eddy
October 22nd 03, 06:24 PM
hi everybody, is there a way to enable 768x576 resolution on my Geforce
3 videocard? I got this program called Tv tool that says if I want to
watch DVD's at the best possible NTSC setting, this is the resolution to
use. I've tried searching on how to go about doing this but have come
up with nothing so far. I'm using the old 40.23 dets because of the
stupid write protection on the new drivers. I can enable 800x600 but
for some reason I get these odd horizontal lines on the tv. Anyways,
thanks for your help.

cowboyz
October 22nd 03, 08:36 PM
I am using the 52.16 and it lets you add your own resoultions . I use
720x576 (for PAL) tried adding 768x576 and it crashed. take what you want
from it really. you could try the drivers and see what you can do with
them.

"Eddy" > wrote in message
> hi everybody, is there a way to enable 768x576 resolution on my Geforce
> 3 videocard? I got this program called Tv tool that says if I want to
> watch DVD's at the best possible NTSC setting, this is the resolution to
> use. I've tried searching on how to go about doing this but have come
> up with nothing so far. I'm using the old 40.23 dets because of the
> stupid write protection on the new drivers. I can enable 800x600 but
> for some reason I get these odd horizontal lines on the tv. Anyways,
> thanks for your help.

phobos
October 22nd 03, 09:35 PM
cowboyz wrote:

> I am using the 52.16 and it lets you add your own resoultions . I use
> 720x576 (for PAL) tried adding 768x576 and it crashed. take what you want
> from it really. you could try the drivers and see what you can do with
> them.
>
> "Eddy" > wrote in message
>
>>hi everybody, is there a way to enable 768x576 resolution on my Geforce
>>3 videocard? I got this program called Tv tool that says if I want to
>>watch DVD's at the best possible NTSC setting, this is the resolution to
>>use. I've tried searching on how to go about doing this but have come
>>up with nothing so far. I'm using the old 40.23 dets because of the
>>stupid write protection on the new drivers. I can enable 800x600 but
>>for some reason I get these odd horizontal lines on the tv. Anyways,
>>thanks for your help.

NTSC DVD's are 720x480 at 29.97 interlaced fields per second, telecined
to 24p (progressive frames). My GF3 TI200 has a regular mode selectable
when in TV-Out for 720x480 and the screen is zoomed to clip the black
borders. I'm using the 45.23's.

For reference NTSC tv signals are 525 lines (no exact horizontal
resolution, but it roughly equates to 704x525).

I actually reommend not using TV-Tool at all and just selecting
everything through the control panel. I think the built in flicker
slider actually gives better results and I've found TV-tools sharpening
option distorts stuff too much on a good TV set.

Eddy
October 23rd 03, 12:59 AM
cowboyz wrote:
> I am using the 52.16 and it lets you add your own resoultions . I use
> 720x576 (for PAL) tried adding 768x576 and it crashed. take what you want
> from it really. you could try the drivers and see what you can do with
> them.
>
> "Eddy" > wrote in message
>
>>hi everybody, is there a way to enable 768x576 resolution on my Geforce
>>3 videocard? I got this program called Tv tool that says if I want to
>>watch DVD's at the best possible NTSC setting, this is the resolution to
>>use. I've tried searching on how to go about doing this but have come
>>up with nothing so far. I'm using the old 40.23 dets because of the
>>stupid write protection on the new drivers. I can enable 800x600 but
>>for some reason I get these odd horizontal lines on the tv. Anyways,
>>thanks for your help.

wow, this is awesome. They finally removed that stupid "bug" where I
couldn't watch DVD's from my S-video out. Damn thing was bitching about
write protection and now with those 52.16s I can watch anything on my tv
without a hitch. Thanks man

Eddy
October 23rd 03, 01:00 AM
phobos wrote:

> cowboyz wrote:
>
>> I am using the 52.16 and it lets you add your own resoultions . I use
>> 720x576 (for PAL) tried adding 768x576 and it crashed. take what
>> you want
>> from it really. you could try the drivers and see what you can do with
>> them.
>>
>> "Eddy" > wrote in message
>>
>>> hi everybody, is there a way to enable 768x576 resolution on my Geforce
>>> 3 videocard? I got this program called Tv tool that says if I want to
>>> watch DVD's at the best possible NTSC setting, this is the resolution to
>>> use. I've tried searching on how to go about doing this but have come
>>> up with nothing so far. I'm using the old 40.23 dets because of the
>>> stupid write protection on the new drivers. I can enable 800x600 but
>>> for some reason I get these odd horizontal lines on the tv. Anyways,
>>> thanks for your help.
>>>

> NTSC DVD's are 720x480 at 29.97 interlaced fields per second, telecined
> to 24p (progressive frames). My GF3 TI200 has a regular mode selectable
> when in TV-Out for 720x480 and the screen is zoomed to clip the black
> borders. I'm using the 45.23's.
>
> For reference NTSC tv signals are 525 lines (no exact horizontal
> resolution, but it roughly equates to 704x525).
>
> I actually reommend not using TV-Tool at all and just selecting
> everything through the control panel. I think the built in flicker
> slider actually gives better results and I've found TV-tools sharpening
> option distorts stuff too much on a good TV set.

Thanks for your help man. I downloaded the beta drivers (52.16s) and I
can now finally enable that resolution and watch it without using
Tvtool. See ya

cowboyz
October 23rd 03, 06:42 AM
> Thanks for your help man. I downloaded the beta drivers (52.16s) and I
> can now finally enable that resolution and watch it without using
> Tvtool. See ya

Sweet. pleased it worked for ya.

Darkfalz
October 23rd 03, 01:19 PM
> watch DVD's at the best possible NTSC setting, this is the resolution to

The best resolutions are already available, 720x480 and 720x576, as these
are the native resolutions of DVD.

Lenny
October 23rd 03, 04:09 PM
> hi everybody, is there a way to enable 768x576 resolution on my Geforce
> 3 videocard? I got this program called Tv tool that says if I want to
> watch DVD's at the best possible NTSC setting, this is the resolution to
> use.

576 lines is PAL resolution, just FYI... DVDs in NTSC is 480 lines I
believe.