PDA

View Full Version : What's next?

Sir Basil
October 22nd 03, 08:53 AM
What'll be the next range of GFX cards from NVidia then? After the GF5xxx's?
Any info on the web regarding them?

phobos
October 22nd 03, 09:46 PM
Sir Basil wrote:

> What'll be the next range of GFX cards from NVidia then? After the GF5xxx's?
> Any info on the web regarding them?

The NV40 lineup. No one knows the name for sure, but we'll likely be in
the 6xxx range by then. The 57xx and 5950's are scheduled to come out
real soon (some stores already got em). After that it's just a wait for
the next product cycle and press release.

Rumors suggest the NV40 is an advanced chip design in development
simultaneously and even before the FX that couldn't be produced in time
to meet the 9700 (hence a rushed FX and near non-existant HLSL compiler
transitioned from CG).

NV40 and R400 tech seem to be the next competitors.

Darthy
October 23rd 03, 06:45 AM
On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 08:53:50 +0100, "Sir Basil" <sir.basilYOUR HEAD
FROM YOUR > wrote:

>What'll be the next range of GFX cards from NVidia then? After the GF5xxx's?
>Any info on the web regarding them?

They will be the GeForce 6 Series (fx is still a GeForce 5 series)

At the rate that Nvidia is going... they should have these model
numbers:

6100
6200 64bit
6200 128bit
6200 128bit 256mb
6250 128bit 256 Ultra / 128bit Ultra
6500
6500 Ultra
6700
6700 Ultra LE
6750 Ultra

Expect the 6200 to be slower than the 5200 series, etc etc

:)

When 512K of video RAM was a lot!

Death to Palladium & WPA!!

Derek Baker
October 24th 03, 11:54 AM
"phobos" > wrote in message
> Sir Basil wrote:
>
> > What'll be the next range of GFX cards from NVidia then? After the
GF5xxx's?
> > Any info on the web regarding them?
> >

> The NV40 lineup. No one knows the name for sure, but we'll likely be in
> the 6xxx range by then. The 57xx and 5950's are scheduled to come out
> real soon (some stores already got em). After that it's just a wait for
> the next product cycle and press release.
>
> Rumors suggest the NV40 is an advanced chip design in development
> simultaneously and even before the FX that couldn't be produced in time
> to meet the 9700 (hence a rushed FX and near non-existant HLSL compiler
> transitioned from CG).
>
> NV40 and R400 tech seem to be the next competitors.

R420 is the next Radeon.

--
Derek