PDA

View Full Version : Framerate low with FX5200?

Alex
October 21st 03, 09:03 PM
Shouldn't I be getting more than 80fps in quake 3? I know it's
pointless having moe but it's a pride thing, you know :-)

Barton 2500+ @ 2.0 GHz (and climbing slowly - must get 2.2+)
512mb PC3200 Dual channel
FX5200 128mb
NF7-S mobo
120gig SATA hdd

cheers !!
Alex

Andrew
October 21st 03, 09:08 PM
On 21 Oct 2003 13:03:42 -0700, (Alex)
wrote:

>Shouldn't I be getting more than 80fps in quake 3? I know it's
>pointless having moe but it's a pride thing, you know :-)

Try disabling V-Sync.
please don't top post. Trim messages to quote only relevent text.

phobos
October 21st 03, 10:31 PM
Andrew wrote:
> On 21 Oct 2003 13:03:42 -0700, (Alex)
> wrote:
>

>>Shouldn't I be getting more than 80fps in quake 3? I know it's
>>pointless having moe but it's a pride thing, you know :-)
>>

> Try disabling V-Sync.

/seta com_maxfps 999

disable vsync in-game and the control panel

N. Baird
October 22nd 03, 08:04 AM
Setting maxfps to 0 does the same.

"phobos" > wrote in message
> Andrew wrote:
> > On 21 Oct 2003 13:03:42 -0700, (Alex)
> > wrote:
> >

> >>Shouldn't I be getting more than 80fps in quake 3? I know it's
> >>pointless having moe but it's a pride thing, you know :-)
> >>

> > Try disabling V-Sync.
>
> /seta com_maxfps 999
>
> disable vsync in-game and the control panel

Alex
October 22nd 03, 05:45 PM
Nice one. Hitting 200 fps in places now :-D