PDA

View Full Version : Which 52.14 is REAL????

cheezemurda
October 21st 03, 12:03 AM
Ok...this is startin to **** me off...before I install this damn driver I want to know which one is
real.....I have 3 different versions of this driver...one is 18mb...another is 9mb and the other is 5mb
which I got from guru 3d....so....WHICH ONE IS REAL? and why are there 3 diff versions

Has anyone tested all of these or what the hell is goin on?

JTBurn
October 21st 03, 12:31 AM
It's possible that none of them are real, I suppose.

"cheezemurda" > wrote in message
> Ok...this is startin to **** me off...before I install this damn driver I
want to know which one is
> real.....I have 3 different versions of this driver...one is
18mb...another is 9mb and the other is 5mb
> which I got from guru 3d....so....WHICH ONE IS REAL? and why are there 3
diff versions

> Has anyone tested all of these or what the hell is goin on?

not me
October 21st 03, 12:45 AM
No way to really know, but...

The 18meg is probably the universal op system files ( Has winme, 2000, xp,
etc)

The 9 or 5 is probably a op system specific.

"cheezemurda" > wrote in message
> Ok...this is startin to **** me off...before I install this damn driver I
want to know which one is
> real.....I have 3 different versions of this driver...one is
18mb...another is 9mb and the other is 5mb
> which I got from guru 3d....so....WHICH ONE IS REAL? and why are there 3
diff versions

> Has anyone tested all of these or what the hell is goin on?

Philburg2
October 21st 03, 01:14 AM
The 18 is international langauge support, 9 is normal US installer. The 5
may be the US without the installer, which I have. All 3 are legit, but
they are still beta and won't be as stable as the 45.xx for now.
"not me" > wrote in message
> No way to really know, but...
>
> The 18meg is probably the universal op system files ( Has winme, 2000, xp,
> etc)
>
> The 9 or 5 is probably a op system specific.
>

> "cheezemurda" > wrote in message
> > Ok...this is startin to **** me off...before I install this damn driver
> want to know which one is
> > real.....I have 3 different versions of this driver...one is
> 18mb...another is 9mb and the other is 5mb
> > which I got from guru 3d....so....WHICH ONE IS REAL? and why are there 3
> diff versions
> >
> > Has anyone tested all of these or what the hell is goin on?

cheezemurda
October 21st 03, 01:39 AM
Well all of them are from respectable website but all three cannot be found on each of those websites...each site has a diff version...i really trust guru3d.com and for some reason guru3d
has the smallest one...each of them have different exe's and on the 18mb one is just the basic installation as if u dloaded it from nvidia's site...the 9mb one unpacked comes out to be 47mb...and
the 5mb one unpacked comes out to be 19mb...so which one is real...ive been hearing about all
these ppl checking out these drivers...but i havent heard a thing about which one they have used...so if anyone could please tell me which one they used(file size)

Helion
October 21st 03, 03:03 AM
Just tried the 52.14's..... I have a 5600 Ultra and get better frame rates
with the 45.23's WHQL... sniff.

"Philburg2" > wrote in message
.com...
> The 18 is international langauge support, 9 is normal US installer. The 5
> may be the US without the installer, which I have. All 3 are legit, but
> they are still beta and won't be as stable as the 45.xx for now.
> "not me" > wrote in message
> > No way to really know, but...
> >
> > The 18meg is probably the universal op system files ( Has winme, 2000,
xp,
> > etc)
> >
> > The 9 or 5 is probably a op system specific.
> >

> > "cheezemurda" > wrote in message
> > > Ok...this is startin to **** me off...before I install this damn
driver
> > want to know which one is
> > > real.....I have 3 different versions of this driver...one is
> > 18mb...another is 9mb and the other is 5mb
> > > which I got from guru 3d....so....WHICH ONE IS REAL? and why are there
3
> > diff versions
> > >
> > > Has anyone tested all of these or what the hell is goin on?

not me
October 21st 03, 04:45 AM
"Philburg2" > wrote in message
.com...
> The 18 is international langauge support, 9 is normal US installer. The 5
> may be the US without the installer, which I have. All 3 are legit, but
> they are still beta and won't be as stable as the 45.xx for now.
> "not me" > wrote in message

oops, that's what I meant DOH!

:)

Too_Much_Coffee
October 21st 03, 05:30 AM
"cheezemurda" > wrote in message
> Ok...this is startin to **** me off...before I install this damn driver I
> Has anyone tested all of these or what the hell is goin on?

They're all real.
The core files within the 3 different versions are identical.

18MB is the international version.
9MB is the international version, zipped.
5MB version is the English only version, zipped; no installer.

TMC

Biz
October 21st 03, 06:35 AM
Already answered, but this is seperate for some reason.....
18MB international version
9MB English version
5MB minus installer
"cheezemurda" > wrote in message
> Well all of them are from respectable website but all three cannot be
found on each of those websites...each site has a diff version...i really
trust guru3d.com and for some reason guru3d
> has the smallest one...each of them have different exe's and on the 18mb
one is just the basic installation as if u dloaded it from nvidia's
site...the 9mb one unpacked comes out to be 47mb...and
> the 5mb one unpacked comes out to be 19mb...so which one is real...ive
been hearing about all
> these ppl checking out these drivers...but i havent heard a thing about
which one they have used...so if anyone could please tell me which one they
used(file size)

derob
October 21st 03, 03:53 PM
"cheezemurda" > schreef in bericht
> Well all of them are from respectable website but all three cannot be
found on each of those websites...each site has a diff version...i really
trust guru3d.com and for some reason guru3d
> has the smallest one...each of them have different exe's and on the 18mb
one is just the basic installation as if u dloaded it from nvidia's
site...the 9mb one unpacked comes out to be 47mb...and
> the 5mb one unpacked comes out to be 19mb...so which one is real...ive
been hearing about all
> these ppl checking out these drivers...but i havent heard a thing about
which one they have used...so if anyone could please tell me which one they
used(file size)

If you had carefully read Guru3d's website be4 your download you would have
known which one was real.

18 Mb international version as distributed by nVidia
9 Mb english version as distributed by nVidia
5 Mb international version that was compressed by Guru3d for lower use of
bandwith. (sounds a sensible thing to do, dunno why nvidia didn't)

So, they are all real and you could have sufficed with downloading just 5
Mb. (Guru3d is a good place to get your files from)

Greetz,

Derob

Too_Much_Coffee
October 21st 03, 06:05 PM
"derob" <schupp AT xs4all DOT nl> wrote in message

> "cheezemurda" > schreef in bericht

> 18 Mb international version as distributed by nVidia
> 9 Mb english version as distributed by nVidia
> 5 Mb international version that was compressed by Guru3d for lower use of
> bandwith. (sounds a sensible thing to do, dunno why nvidia didn't)

Not correct. Here's what they are: