Lars A
September 16th 03, 08:19 PM
mobo ASUS P4C800-E
detonator 45.23
FX5600 not Ultra version

Score: 15499
CPU: 10131 (OC'd bus=880mhz)
GFX: 1677

will mow install 51.75 and check what happens.

Lars A

Lars A
September 16th 03, 08:59 PM
And with 51.75 I got a 4.7% increase of FPS, a 5.3% increase of GFX per
second, but a 1.2% decrease in CPU.

Score: 16227 (CPU: 10007, GFX: 1767)

Lars A

"Lars A" > skrev i meddelandet
news:[email protected]
> mobo ASUS P4C800-E
> detonator 45.23
> FX5600 not Ultra version
>
> Score: 15499
> CPU: 10131 (OC'd bus=880mhz)
> GFX: 1677
>
> will mow install 51.75 and check what happens.
>

> Lars A

Inglo
September 17th 03, 01:05 AM
On 9/16/2003 12:59 PM Lars A befouled our nation with:

>And with 51.75 I got a 4.7% increase of FPS, a 5.3% increase of GFX per
>second, but a 1.2% decrease in CPU.
>
>Score: 16227 (CPU: 10007, GFX: 1767)
>
>Lars A
>

>"Lars A" > skrev i meddelandet
>news:[email protected]
>

>>mobo ASUS P4C800-E
>>detonator 45.23
>>FX5600 not Ultra version
>>
>>Score: 15499
>>CPU: 10131 (OC'd bus=880mhz)
>>GFX: 1677
>>
>>will mow install 51.75 and check what happens.
>>

>>Lars A

With my XP2500/GF3 Ti500 45.23, I get:
GFX score: 1581
CPU score: 4121

AquaMark score: 13066

http://arc.aquamark3.com/arc/arc_view.php?runID=186478789

The GFX score difference between a FX 5600 and a two year old card is
only 90 pts. What exactly does that mean? Probably that I won't be
buying an FX 5600. The best Radeon 9600 (with approximately my
processor) scores seem to be pushing 30000 total.

--
Scientific American recently corrected an April news story that contended that, in one study, cloned pigs had variable numbers of teeth. In fact, they had variable numbers of teats.

Steve [Inglo]

Too_Much_Coffee
September 17th 03, 06:30 AM
"Inglo" > wrote in message
m...
> On 9/16/2003 12:59 PM Lars A befouled our nation with:
>
> >And with 51.75 I got a 4.7% increase of FPS, a 5.3% increase of GFX per
> >second, but a 1.2% decrease in CPU.
> >
> >Score: 16227 (CPU: 10007, GFX: 1767)
> >
> >Lars A
> >

> >"Lars A" > skrev i meddelandet
> >news:[email protected]
> >

> >>mobo ASUS P4C800-E
> >>detonator 45.23
> >>FX5600 not Ultra version
> >>
> >>Score: 15499
> >>CPU: 10131 (OC'd bus=880mhz)
> >>GFX: 1677
> >>
> >>will mow install 51.75 and check what happens.
> >>

> >>Lars A
> >>

> With my XP2500/GF3 Ti500 45.23, I get:
> GFX score: 1581
> CPU score: 4121
>
> AquaMark score: 13066
>
> http://arc.aquamark3.com/arc/arc_view.php?runID=186478789
>
> The GFX score difference between a FX 5600 and a two year old card is
> only 90 pts. What exactly does that mean? Probably that I won't be
> buying an FX 5600. The best Radeon 9600 (with approximately my
> processor) scores seem to be pushing 30000 total.

Back when I wanted to upgrade from a GF2MX, the best choice was the Ti4200
IMO. Today I think either the FX5600 Ultra or the ATI 9600 Pro would be the
best choice. For me now though the only upgrade choices, that I would be
pleased with, would be either the FX5900 Ultra or the ATI 9800 Pro; both are
WAAAAAAAY too expensive so I won't be upgrading anytime soon.

With a 2500+ @ 2.1GHz and a non-OC'd Ti4200, my AquaMark3 score was 18, 236.
According to the AM3 benchmark, a score of 20,000 is good. I can reach that
with a little OC.

My score is at the top: http://tinyurl.com/nful

Too_Much_Coffee

---
Got GigaNews?
http://www.giganews.com/customer/gn26215

> --
> Scientific American recently corrected an April news story that contended
that, in one study, cloned pigs had variable numbers of teeth. In fact, they
had variable numbers of teats.

> Steve [Inglo]

Sith Lord
September 20th 03, 10:49 PM
On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 21:19:24 +0200 in
alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia, "Lars A" > wrote:

>mobo ASUS P4C800-E
>detonator 45.23
>FX5600 not Ultra version
>
>Score: 15499