PDA

View Full Version : FX5200: cloning only one desktop

Nicolas
September 14th 03, 08:45 PM
hi,

I have a FX5200 asus card, XP and latest drivers version

I want to use 2 desktop :

the first one is displayed on my LCD monitor
while the second one is displayed on tv output

Is it possible or will both desktop be displayed on either the lcd or the
tv ?

many thanks

Mario Kadastik
September 14th 03, 10:26 PM
Nicolas wrote:
> hi,
>
> I have a FX5200 asus card, XP and latest drivers version
>
> I want to use 2 desktop :
>
> the first one is displayed on my LCD monitor
> while the second one is displayed on tv output
>
> Is it possible or will both desktop be displayed on either the lcd or the
> tv ?
>
> many thanks
it's possible. Just don't use nView to manage the desktops combined
instead let XP see both and just enable "extend desktop to this display"
(or smth similiar that's in the display properties of the second
display (TV))

Mario

Nicolas
September 15th 03, 10:06 PM
Mario Kadastik > wrote in
:

> Nicolas wrote:
>> hi,
>>
>> I have a FX5200 asus card, XP and latest drivers version
>>
>> I want to use 2 desktop :
>>
>> the first one is displayed on my LCD monitor
>> while the second one is displayed on tv output
>>
>> Is it possible or will both desktop be displayed on either the lcd or
>> the tv ?
>>
>> many thanks
> it's possible. Just don't use nView to manage the desktops combined
> instead let XP see both and just enable "extend desktop to this
> display"
> (or smth similiar that's in the display properties of the second
> display (TV))
>
> Mario

mario,
thanks for the answer. i will try as soon as I setup the computer again.
Since the card is not recognized by windows as nvidia (I posted a message
about this problem) , I have to solve this new problem first.