PDA

View Full Version : G4 4200 won't run Direct 3D acceleration

PETE
September 14th 03, 07:44 PM
I have a Asus v9280 /td (4200) 128meg video card that has worked fine until
now. I am running WinME and I have DX9 installed and 45.23 drivers
installed. The problem is that it won't run direct 3d games. It will run the
games in software mode. I've reinstalled video and DX9 several times and
even tryed the system restore (but it failed) It fails the
accessories/systemtools direct X 3D acceleration test in windows. So what
else could I check? Thanks for any ideas!

Kent
Sys Specs
Asus A7V333 mobo (bios ver 1015)
1800+ CPU
Sound Blaster Live Value
Linksys nic
Asus 4200 V card
Samsung PC 2700 256megs ram (1 stick)
Maxtor 40gig HD

PETE
September 15th 03, 02:38 AM
Thanks.. I'll give that a try.. I did reinstall the VIA 4.37 drivers. Didn't
help. Hate to reformat :(

Kent

"Jibby" > wrote in message
.. .
> reinstall all motherboard and peripheral drivers failing that rerun me
setup
> if that dont work format and start again
> "PETE" > wrote in message
> > I have a Asus v9280 /td (4200) 128meg video card that has worked fine
> until
> > now. I am running WinME and I have DX9 installed and 45.23 drivers
> > installed. The problem is that it won't run direct 3d games. It will run
> the
> > games in software mode. I've reinstalled video and DX9 several times and
> > even tryed the system restore (but it failed) It fails the
> > accessories/systemtools direct X 3D acceleration test in windows. So
what
> > else could I check? Thanks for any ideas!
> >
> > Kent
> > Sys Specs
> > Asus A7V333 mobo (bios ver 1015)
> > 1800+ CPU