PDA

View Full Version : Video Capturing on myvivo

Default News Name
September 14th 03, 11:23 AM
Hey people, i'm attempting to do some video capture. I have an Geforce 4
Myvivo and and all the appropriate connections.I'm using Intervideo WinDVR,
and its showing the wedding film just fine, but when I go to record it, it
just has this huge white strip right through the middle when i play back
Would anyone have a clue why this might be happening?

Also I would like to be able record from my TV, without having to go through
my video first... what wires should go where for this?
has anyone got any ideas in regards to this? Thanks in advance

Steve Simpson
September 18th 03, 05:54 PM
> Hey people, i'm attempting to do some video capture. I have an Geforce 4
> Myvivo and and all the appropriate connections.I'm using Intervideo WinDVR,
> and its showing the wedding film just fine, but when I go to record it, it
> just has this huge white strip right through the middle when i play back
> Would anyone have a clue why this might be happening?

This is Macrovision anti-piracy protection. I would guess you are playing the tape on a VCR.

You can try an older WDM driver or get a TBC (time base corrector).

There are also some very cheap VCR's which have disableable Macrovision.

> Also I would like to be able record from my TV, without having to go through
> my video first... what wires should go where for this?
> has anyone got any ideas in regards to this? Thanks in advance

Yes, I believe the wires go between the TV and the Computer . . . .

John Lee Brown
September 19th 03, 01:20 PM
Download the WDM 1.08 driver. unistall the WDM that came with your card then
install the WDM 1.08 driver. This should cure your white bar problem.
news:[email protected]