PDA

View Full Version : Monitor flickering

Patrick Spang
September 13th 03, 07:43 PM
Hello,
I've bought a new P4-based PC with following configuration :
MoBo : ASUS P4P800 Deluxe
Graphics : MSI Starforce GeForce FX5200 (Core Clock and Memory Clock at
default)
Monitor : EIZO Flexscan L465 running at a 1280x1024 resolution with 60Hz
(digital TFT Flatscreen)
OS : Windows XP SP1

With all the newest drivers installed, my monitor starts flickering,
especially when being at the desktop. This flickering (bottom half) stops
again when starting a new application.

Are there known problems with this card and how can I fix it ?

Some help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Patrick from Luxembourg

tHatDudeUK
September 14th 03, 01:42 AM
"Patrick Spang" > wrote in message
> Hello,
> I've bought a new P4-based PC with following configuration :
> MoBo : ASUS P4P800 Deluxe
> Graphics : MSI Starforce GeForce FX5200 (Core Clock and Memory Clock at
> default)
> Monitor : EIZO Flexscan L465 running at a 1280x1024 resolution with 60Hz
> (digital TFT Flatscreen)
> OS : Windows XP SP1
>
> With all the newest drivers installed, my monitor starts flickering,
> especially when being at the desktop. This flickering (bottom half) stops
> again when starting a new application.

Some TFT's must be run at a particular resolution and refresh rate. Try
sticking to mfr's recommendations, flash upgrading the GFX card (if newer
version available) and updating the drivers to the latest beta ones.