PDA

View Full Version : direct3d problem

September 13th 03, 02:43 AM
I have a Ti4200 and I'ven't play too much games for the last 6 months. Today
I receive a game and try to run it. But my D3D seems to be problematic now.

The monitor will go to sleep/no signal when i run the game. DxDiag indepth
test on D3D feature showed the same problem.

I'm running DX9.0b, latest WHQL (42.53) nVidia drivers. WinXPSP1. Any catch?
I even tried 640x480x32. Same problem, so it is my monitor or is my nV card
going wild now?

Thx!

September 13th 03, 10:27 AM
Try stepping back to a slightly older NVIDIA driver and see if this resolves
the issue. Prior to that try and see if your motherboard chipset drivers are
the most current available.

regards

</dev/null> wrote in message ...
> I have a Ti4200 and I'ven't play too much games for the last 6 months.
Today
> I receive a game and try to run it. But my D3D seems to be problematic
now.

> The monitor will go to sleep/no signal when i run the game. DxDiag indepth
> test on D3D feature showed the same problem.
>
> I'm running DX9.0b, latest WHQL (42.53) nVidia drivers. WinXPSP1. Any
catch?
> I even tried 640x480x32. Same problem, so it is my monitor or is my nV
card
> going wild now?
>
> Thx!

Me
September 13th 03, 09:49 PM
Check the refresh rate that your video card switches to when it uses the 3D.
It will be running at a higher refresh rate that your monitor supports.