PDA

View Full Version : Which brands should I avoid for NVIDIA GeForce FX series?

September 10th 03, 07:51 PM
I remember that Leadtek was one of the best brand for GeForce4 Ti series.
How about for FX? Is it still the best for quality and performance? I
was reading http://avault.com/news/displaynews.asp?story=9102003-93928
and http://avault.com/news/displaynews.asp?story=9102003-9298 ...

Thank you in advance. :)
--
"Lay a stick of bubble gum on an anthill for instant Siamese Ant
Twins." --unknown
| |o o| | E-mail: or
\ _ / Remove ANT if replying by e-mail from a newsgroup.
( )

T1000
September 11th 03, 09:20 AM
Avoid all of them and buy a Radeon. Best advice I can offer from an
ex-Nvidia fanboy that made the move

T1000

> wrote in message
> I remember that Leadtek was one of the best brand for GeForce4 Ti series.
> How about for FX? Is it still the best for quality and performance? I
> was reading http://avault.com/news/displaynews.asp?story=9102003-93928
> and http://avault.com/news/displaynews.asp?story=9102003-9298 ...
>
> Thank you in advance. :)
> --
> "Lay a stick of bubble gum on an anthill for instant Siamese Ant
> Twins." --unknown
> /\___/\
> / /\ /\ \ Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx
> | |o o| | E-mail: or
> \ _ / Remove ANT if replying by e-mail from a newsgroup.
> ( )

Ron Merts
September 12th 03, 09:11 AM
Ignoring the "advice" from the guy who claims to be an ATI convert but can't
seem to stop visiting the nVidia Newsgroups...I'd probably avoid Daytona
unless you were looking to save some money. I'm sure Gainward makes a good
card; but someone needs to go bitch-slap them for their naming convention (a
Gainward GeForce Ultra FX 5600 is NOT an FX 5600 Ultra but a Gainward Ultra
FX 5600 Golden Sample is an Ultra...gimme a break guys! There's some other
numbers in there like 760/...). I'd recommend the eVGA, ASUS or MSI boards
if you were looking at the FX 5900 non-Ultra, but just about anyone's FX
5900 Ultra will work since they are all built on the nVidia Reference card
by nVidia's manufacturing partner. If you're looking at the entry-level
5200 cards, avoid anything that says "Light" or "Lite" edition as it will
most likely be using the 64-bit datapath rather than the 128-bit datapath.

Ron