PDA

View Full Version : REPOST: ti4600 problem

A bit
September 8th 03, 11:15 AM
Hello,

I have a Gainward TI 4600 750XP Golden Sample
After upgrading the nvidia drivers from 29.xx to any other newer version my
monitor goes into sleepmode just before windows XP is completely loaded.
(right before the welcome screen)

I tried a new installition of XP
I tried the detonator drivers
I tried another monitor
I just bought a new Abit NF7-S mainboard with 3000+ CPU but i still have the
same problem.

Who can solve this problem for me?

Configuration:

Gainward TI 4600 XP Golden Sample
Abit NF7-S
Windows XP +sp1

Thanx in advance

September 8th 03, 11:25 AM
On Mon, 8 Sep 2003 12:15:58 +0200, "A bit" >
wrote:

>I have a Gainward TI 4600 750XP Golden Sample
>After upgrading the nvidia drivers from 29.xx to any other newer version my
>monitor goes into sleepmode just before windows XP is completely loaded.
>(right before the welcome screen)

Have you got the right monitor driver loaded?
Help make Usenet a better place:
Don't top post. Trim your messages to include only relevent text.

A bit
September 8th 03, 12:49 PM
How do ik know??
<[email protected]> schreef in bericht
> On Mon, 8 Sep 2003 12:15:58 +0200, "A bit" >
> wrote:
>
> >I have a Gainward TI 4600 750XP Golden Sample
> >After upgrading the nvidia drivers from 29.xx to any other newer version
my
> >monitor goes into sleepmode just before windows XP is completely loaded.
> >(right before the welcome screen)
> >
> Have you got the right monitor driver loaded?
> --
> Andrew. To email unscramble & remove spamtrap.
> Help make Usenet a better place:
> Check groups.google.com before asking a question.
> Don't top post. Trim your messages to include only relevent text.

Kieran Harvey
September 8th 03, 06:47 PM
Right click on your desktop, select properties, then the settings tab, does
it say Nvidia TI 4600 on *monitor* and is that the right monitor

"A bit" > wrote in message
> How do ik know??
> <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
> > On Mon, 8 Sep 2003 12:15:58 +0200, "A bit" >
> > wrote:
> >
> > >I have a Gainward TI 4600 750XP Golden Sample
> > >After upgrading the nvidia drivers from 29.xx to any other newer
version
> my
> > >monitor goes into sleepmode just before windows XP is completely
loaded.
> > >(right before the welcome screen)
> > >
> > Have you got the right monitor driver loaded?
> > --
> > Andrew. To email unscramble & remove spamtrap.
> > Help make Usenet a better place:
> > Check groups.google.com before asking a question.
> > Don't top post. Trim your messages to include only relevent text.

A bit
September 9th 03, 08:37 AM
yes it says ti4600

So this couldn't be the problem?

"A bit" > schreef in bericht
> Hello,
>
> I have a Gainward TI 4600 750XP Golden Sample
> After upgrading the nvidia drivers from 29.xx to any other newer version
my
> monitor goes into sleepmode just before windows XP is completely loaded.
> (right before the welcome screen)
>
> I tried a new installition of XP
> I tried the detonator drivers
> I tried another monitor
> I just bought a new Abit NF7-S mainboard with 3000+ CPU but i still have
the
> same problem.
>
> Who can solve this problem for me?
>
> Configuration:
>
> Gainward TI 4600 XP Golden Sample
> Abit NF7-S
> Windows XP +sp1
>
> Thanx in advance

Me
September 9th 03, 02:50 PM
Try connecting the monitor the the other output on the video card.

"A bit" > wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I have a Gainward TI 4600 750XP Golden Sample
> After upgrading the nvidia drivers from 29.xx to any other newer version
my
> monitor goes into sleepmode just before windows XP is completely loaded.
> (right before the welcome screen)
>
> I tried a new installition of XP
> I tried the detonator drivers
> I tried another monitor
> I just bought a new Abit NF7-S mainboard with 3000+ CPU but i still have
the
> same problem.
>
> Who can solve this problem for me?
>
> Configuration:
>
> Gainward TI 4600 XP Golden Sample
> Abit NF7-S
> Windows XP +sp1
>
> Thanx in advance

Ryan J. Paque
September 9th 03, 09:23 PM
Double check your refresh rate.

A bit wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a Gainward TI 4600 750XP Golden Sample
> After upgrading the nvidia drivers from 29.xx to any other newer version my
> monitor goes into sleepmode just before windows XP is completely loaded.
> (right before the welcome screen)
>
> I tried a new installition of XP
> I tried the detonator drivers
> I tried another monitor
> I just bought a new Abit NF7-S mainboard with 3000+ CPU but i still have the
> same problem.
>
> Who can solve this problem for me?
>
> Configuration:
>
> Gainward TI 4600 XP Golden Sample
> Abit NF7-S
> Windows XP +sp1
>
> Thanx in advance

A bit
September 10th 03, 03:46 PM
I'll try to connect him to the other port..
I can't check the refresh rate because my screen is black and in safe mode
you can't check the refresh rate.....

"Ryan J. Paque" > schreef in bericht