PDA

View Full Version : Good or Bad Score

Dragon
September 8th 03, 03:20 AM
Hi last one to ponder on I got 3d mark 01 se to work and my score was 8710
that was on 1074x768 32bit, noaa double buffer. Is this a good score, I
have a fx5600 128mb running win xp 768mb ram ddr, 44.03 drivers. How can I
improve the score, what settings in the cards properties can I change to
improve the score and maybe different drivers. help would be appreciated as
I am new to all this and the score I don't think is a big improvement on my
geforec 2 ti which I got about 3900 on.

anyway help if you can

cheers Dave

Jibby
September 8th 03, 08:02 AM
update drivers to the ones off nvidia site
"Dragon" > wrote in message
> Hi last one to ponder on I got 3d mark 01 se to work and my score was 8710
> that was on 1074x768 32bit, noaa double buffer. Is this a good score, I
> have a fx5600 128mb running win xp 768mb ram ddr, 44.03 drivers. How can
> improve the score, what settings in the cards properties can I change to
> improve the score and maybe different drivers. help would be appreciated
as
> I am new to all this and the score I don't think is a big improvement on
my
> geforec 2 ti which I got about 3900 on.
>
> anyway help if you can
>
> cheers Dave

Ed Medlin
September 8th 03, 01:45 PM
"Dragon" > wrote in message
> Hi last one to ponder on I got 3d mark 01 se to work and my score was 8710
> that was on 1074x768 32bit, noaa double buffer. Is this a good score, I
> have a fx5600 128mb running win xp 768mb ram ddr, 44.03 drivers. How can
> improve the score, what settings in the cards properties can I change to
> improve the score and maybe different drivers. help would be appreciated
as
> I am new to all this and the score I don't think is a big improvement on
my
> geforec 2 ti which I got about 3900 on.
>
> anyway help if you can
>
> cheers Dave

It is impossible to give you an answer without knowing what CPU you are
using.

EM

Dragon
September 8th 03, 02:32 PM
hi I am running a 2gig amd cpu if that helps, I know I can get better
performance but people say that changing the settings in the display
properties for the nvidia helps but I am not sure which ones to adjust

cheers Dave

"Ed Medlin" > wrote in message

> "Dragon" > wrote in message
> > Hi last one to ponder on I got 3d mark 01 se to work and my score was
8710
> > that was on 1074x768 32bit, noaa double buffer. Is this a good score, I
> > have a fx5600 128mb running win xp 768mb ram ddr, 44.03 drivers. How
can
> > improve the score, what settings in the cards properties can I change
> > improve the score and maybe different drivers. help would be
appreciated
> as
> > I am new to all this and the score I don't think is a big improvement on
> my
> > geforec 2 ti which I got about 3900 on.
> >
> > anyway help if you can
> >
> > cheers Dave
> >
> It is impossible to give you an answer without knowing what CPU you
are
> using.
>
> EM

chrisrobin
September 8th 03, 07:00 PM
My gf4 ti 4200 64mb 8xagp with an 2000 ghz does 8900(1.4 ghz same video
8500). but this is with 31.40 drivers. I havent installed any drivers
above because of the driver cheat/opt feasco. But since you are using
the 5600 then newer drivers are probly prudent. you didnt list what cpu
you are running?

Dragon
September 8th 03, 08:34 PM
not even sure about doing that forcing VSYNC, FSAA or Anisotropic filtering
anu advise where to check that

cheers dave

"Martin Eriksson" > wrote in message
> "Dragon" > wrote in message
> > Hi last one to ponder on I got 3d mark 01 se to work and my score was
8710
> > that was on 1074x768 32bit, noaa double buffer. Is this a good score, I
> > have a fx5600 128mb running win xp 768mb ram ddr, 44.03 drivers. How
can
> > improve the score, what settings in the cards properties can I change
> > improve the score and maybe different drivers. help would be
appreciated
> as
> > I am new to all this and the score I don't think is a big improvement on
> my
> > geforec 2 ti which I got about 3900 on.
>
> I was running 41.09 drivers and got 11000 with my GF4 Ti4200 + nForce2 +
> DDR266 + AthlonXP 2100+ + Windows 2000.
>
> Are you sure you're not forcing VSYNC, FSAA or Anisotropic filtering
> somewhere?
>
> /M

Ron Merts
September 10th 03, 08:25 AM
Look in Performance and Quality in the FX 5600 tab for FSAA and Performance
settings, and in OpenGL for VSYNC settings.

Ron

"Dragon" > wrote in message
> not even sure about doing that forcing VSYNC, FSAA or Anisotropic
filtering
> anu advise where to check that
>
> cheers dave
>

> "Martin Eriksson" > wrote in message
> > "Dragon" > wrote in message
> > > Hi last one to ponder on I got 3d mark 01 se to work and my score was
> 8710
> > > that was on 1074x768 32bit, noaa double buffer. Is this a good score,
> > > have a fx5600 128mb running win xp 768mb ram ddr, 44.03 drivers. How
> can
> > > improve the score, what settings in the cards properties can I change
> > > improve the score and maybe different drivers. help would be
> appreciated
> > as
> > > I am new to all this and the score I don't think is a big improvement
on
> > my
> > > geforec 2 ti which I got about 3900 on.
> >
> > I was running 41.09 drivers and got 11000 with my GF4 Ti4200 + nForce2 +
> > DDR266 + AthlonXP 2100+ + Windows 2000.
> >
> > Are you sure you're not forcing VSYNC, FSAA or Anisotropic filtering
> > somewhere?
> >
> > /M

iamnotme
September 10th 03, 08:15 PM
I have an Athlon XP1700+ (1.46 ghz) with 512mb DDR on an ASUS A7N8X
mobo...i've got an ASUS V8420 Deluxe video card (ti4200 modestly clocked @
275/600) and my highest score in 3dmark2001se is 10687.

cheers