PDA

View Full Version : Re: Leadtek FX 5800 temperature question

sig666
September 7th 03, 05:16 AM
Seems a bit high.

I have an Asus 5900 Ultra. After running Medal Of Honor and [email protected] at
the same time the reported temperature tops out at 75c.

===================

Mick wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a leadtek Geforce FX 5800 (non ultra). Picked it up pretty cheap
> and performace is pretty good.
>
> On thing though, I've recently noticed on exiting a game (eg Quake 3
> for 30 minutes) the nvidia drive control panel reports temps between
> 100-110 celsius. It also reprts idle temps around 65 celsius.
>
> While everything seems to be working ok, and according to the nvidia
> temp monitor it's only in the orange section rather than red, would
> people think these temps are too hot?
>

> Thanks
>
> Mick

im stupid
September 7th 03, 09:50 AM
the 5800 gets alot hotter than the 5900.

i have no idea if 65 idle is too much but u could try to increase the
airflow in your kabinet with an airintake fan, that would blow fresh cold
air onto the vga card.

my 5900u is running at 30-35c idle and 50c when maxed out, but i have
installed extra cooling

Lasse

AC
September 7th 03, 11:01 AM
Your temp is a bit too high. My Club3D FX5800 non ultra is running at about
45c idle.

Intel Pentium IV 2.6C Ghz @ 3.12 Ghz
Asus P4P800
Twinmos Dual Channel Kit 2x256MB PC3200 DDR
IBM 20GB HDD
Matrox 40GB HDD
Club3D Geforce FX5800
Creative Audigy + FPS2000 4.1 Speakers
Asus DVDROM E616
Acer CDRW
Enermax EG365P-VE 350W PSU

"im stupid" > wrote in message
k...
> the 5800 gets alot hotter than the 5900.
>
> i have no idea if 65 idle is too much but u could try to increase the
> airflow in your kabinet with an airintake fan, that would blow fresh cold
> air onto the vga card.
>
> my 5900u is running at 30-35c idle and 50c when maxed out, but i have
> installed extra cooling
>
> Lasse

---

TomG
September 7th 03, 01:15 PM
I think even your idle temperature is too hot. do you have decent case
airflow? your CPU run at an okay temperature (below 50 C at idle)?

--

Thomas Geery
Network+ certified

ftp://geerynet.d2g.com
over 115,000 FTP users served!
^^^^^^^

"Mick" > wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I have a leadtek Geforce FX 5800 (non ultra). Picked it up pretty cheap
> and performace is pretty good.
>
> On thing though, I've recently noticed on exiting a game (eg Quake 3
> for 30 minutes) the nvidia drive control panel reports temps between
> 100-110 celsius. It also reprts idle temps around 65 celsius.
>
> While everything seems to be working ok, and according to the nvidia
> temp monitor it's only in the orange section rather than red, would
> people think these temps are too hot?
>

> Thanks
>
> Mick

TomG
September 9th 03, 01:05 AM
wow... seems fine as far as the case and cpu goes. that video card sure
runs hot!