PDA

View Full Version : DVI port

Labzilla
September 6th 03, 05:17 PM
I have a NVIDIA MX 440 8X AGP and I am unable to get the DVI port on my card
to work properly with my Samsung 191T LCD monitor. Whenever I run at a resolution
higher than 1024X768 the screen blanks approximately every 20 seconds, it blanks in
the same way that the monitor blanks when changing resolution. If I use a analog
connection to my monitor I can run at the monitors native resolution of
1280X1024. I reinstall OS and installed the latest drivers from the vendor.

September 6th 03, 09:49 PM
Ensure the monitor driver is loaded and not the generic plug and play driver
from MS. It could be that your power supply is insufficient to run the card
at higher resolutions so what is the rating of your power supply? It could
also be that the card can not power the monitor at the resolution you
require so try first to lower the screen refresh rate to 60 hertz. After
you've lowered it to 60 hertz then change the resolution to a higher value
and see if the problem still exists.

regards

"Labzilla" > wrote in message
> I have a NVIDIA MX 440 8X AGP and I am unable to get the DVI port on my
card
> to work properly with my Samsung 191T LCD monitor. Whenever I run at a
resolution
> higher than 1024X768 the screen blanks approximately every 20 seconds, it
blanks in
> the same way that the monitor blanks when changing resolution. If I use a
analog
> connection to my monitor I can run at the monitors native resolution of
> 1280X1024. I reinstall OS and installed the latest drivers from the
vendor.

Labzilla
September 7th 03, 11:47 PM
"B" > said:

I have 300W of power and Samsung monitor drivers installed.

>Ensure the monitor driver is loaded and not the generic plug and play driver
>from MS. It could be that your power supply is insufficient to run the card
>at higher resolutions so what is the rating of your power supply? It could
>also be that the card can not power the monitor at the resolution you
>require so try first to lower the screen refresh rate to 60 hertz. After
>you've lowered it to 60 hertz then change the resolution to a higher value
>and see if the problem still exists.
>
>regards

>"Labzilla" > wrote in message
>> I have a NVIDIA MX 440 8X AGP and I am unable to get the DVI port on my
>card
>> to work properly with my Samsung 191T LCD monitor. Whenever I run at a
>resolution
>> higher than 1024X768 the screen blanks approximately every 20 seconds, it
>blanks in
>> the same way that the monitor blanks when changing resolution. If I use a
>analog
>> connection to my monitor I can run at the monitors native resolution of
>> 1280X1024. I reinstall OS and installed the latest drivers from the
>vendor.

September 8th 03, 07:47 PM
OK, but did you try my suggestion to lower the refresh rate to 60 hertz?

regards