PDA

View Full Version : Detonator Drivers

Cuzman
September 6th 03, 02:46 PM
I'm running an Inno3D GeForce4 Ti4200 64MB on Windows XP Pro SP1, and I'm
still running the bundled drivers that came with the card.

1) Are the Detonator drivers the best way to go?

2) Which is the best website to bookmark for all the latest releases of
Detonator drivers?

September 6th 03, 03:26 PM
It really depends upon the manufacturer of the video card in question. First
look at the manufacturer's website and use the latest drivers there. If the
manufacturer advises you that you can use the generic NVIDIA drivers then by
all means please do so at the NVIDIA website:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp-2k_45.23

regards

"Cuzman" > wrote in message
> I'm running an Inno3D GeForce4 Ti4200 64MB on Windows XP Pro SP1, and I'm
> still running the bundled drivers that came with the card.
>
> 1) Are the Detonator drivers the best way to go?
>
> 2) Which is the best website to bookmark for all the latest releases of
> Detonator drivers?

S.SubZero
September 6th 03, 09:19 PM
> 1) Are the Detonator drivers the best way to go?

Lesson 1: There hasn't been a such thing as "not Detonator" drivers for a
couple of years now. nVidia makes one OEM driver set. The card makers work
from these.

Every driver is a Detonator driver.

-SSZ

September 8th 03, 07:50 PM
Perhaps but since every video card manufacturer has the ability to slightly
alter the driver to meet the needs of their card and their own in built
video software to support their cards it is best to check their website
first before using the generic Detonator series from the NVIDIA website.

regards