PDA

View Full Version : 60hz refresh only available

Robin
September 5th 03, 10:07 PM
I've just installed a geforce fx 5600 and now i've only got one
refresh rate of 60hz! ive reinstalled my monitor drivers and the
geforce drivers and still no luck. (im using win xp sp1).

any ideas & solutions?

I want my 75hz back *sniffs* :-(
Cheers, Rob.
http://profiles.yahoo.com/robbli777
"Feel the fear and do it anyway"

TomG
September 5th 03, 10:56 PM
usually, 60 hertz limitation comes along with a resolution and color depth
limitation as well. can you do 1024x768 and hither and 32 bit color?

--

Thomas Geery
Network+ certified

ftp://geerynet.d2g.com
over 115,000 FTP users served!
^^^^^^^

"Robin" > wrote in message
> I've just installed a geforce fx 5600 and now i've only got one
> refresh rate of 60hz! ive reinstalled my monitor drivers and the
> geforce drivers and still no luck. (im using win xp sp1).
>
> any ideas & solutions?
>
> I want my 75hz back *sniffs* :-(
> Cheers, Rob.
> http://profiles.yahoo.com/robbli777
> "Feel the fear and do it anyway"

Robin
September 5th 03, 11:12 PM
On Fri, 5 Sep 2003 17:56:24 -0400, "TomG" >
wrote:

Im stuck at 60hz no matter what i try. i previously had a geforce 3
ti200 which worked fine with my tft monitor (max res 1024x768 @ 75hz)

>usually, 60 hertz limitation comes along with a resolution and color depth
>limitation as well. can you do 1024x768 and hither and 32 bit color?

Cheers, Rob.
http://profiles.yahoo.com/robbli777
"Feel the fear and do it anyway"

MoHo
September 5th 03, 11:37 PM
See if this helps: http://www.grisoft.com/us/us_dwnl_free.php

Shepİ
September 6th 03, 12:12 AM
On Fri, 05 Sep 2003 22:07:40 +0100, In this world we created Robin
> wrote :

>I've just installed a geforce fx 5600 and now i've only got one
>refresh rate of 60hz! ive reinstalled my monitor drivers and the
>geforce drivers and still no luck. (im using win xp sp1).
>
>any ideas & solutions?
>
>I want my 75hz back *sniffs* :-(
>Cheers, Rob.
>http://profiles.yahoo.com/robbli777
>"Feel the fear and do it anyway"

The free and superb,"Rivatuner" has the in-built fix,
http://www.guru3d.com/rivatuner/

HTH :)

--
Free Windows/PC help,
Free songs download,

Me
September 6th 03, 12:14 AM
http://www.pagehosting.co.uk/rf/

"Robin" > wrote in message
> I've just installed a geforce fx 5600 and now i've only got one
> refresh rate of 60hz! ive reinstalled my monitor drivers and the
> geforce drivers and still no luck. (im using win xp sp1).
>
> any ideas & solutions?
>
> I want my 75hz back *sniffs* :-(
> Cheers, Rob.
> http://profiles.yahoo.com/robbli777
> "Feel the fear and do it anyway"

Jim Stevenson
September 6th 03, 12:32 AM
In article >, darkwave999
@yahoo.co.uk says...
> I've just installed a geforce fx 5600 and now i've only got one
> refresh rate of 60hz! ive reinstalled my monitor drivers and the
> geforce drivers and still no luck. (im using win xp sp1).
>
> any ideas & solutions?
>
> I want my 75hz back *sniffs* :-(
> Cheers, Rob.
> http://profiles.yahoo.com/robbli777
> "Feel the fear and do it anyway"

This is a known problem with XP and Nvidia cards. this link should solve
your problem

http://www.nvrt.org/

Jim
--
------------------------
[email protected] team - SetiUK

TomG
September 6th 03, 01:29 AM
so you can do 1024x768 but you're stuck at 60 hz? well, registry problems
and/or bad monitor driver/registry entry...

--

"Robin" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 5 Sep 2003 17:56:24 -0400, "TomG" >
> wrote:
>
> Im stuck at 60hz no matter what i try. i previously had a geforce 3
> ti200 which worked fine with my tft monitor (max res 1024x768 @ 75hz)
>
> >usually, 60 hertz limitation comes along with a resolution and color
depth
> >limitation as well. can you do 1024x768 and hither and 32 bit color?
>
> Cheers, Rob.
> http://profiles.yahoo.com/robbli777
> "Feel the fear and do it anyway"

September 6th 03, 10:25 AM
You did not say which operating system you have but I'll assume you're
working with Winodws XP which has this fault. To remedy the fault install
SP1 as well as Direct X 9.0 and then this should be resolved. There is still
one drawback, and that is if you are running Open GL games the rate will be
stuck at 60 hertz when playing the game.

This tool should help with that or fix the problem by default should you
wish not to update your operating system and Direct X 9.0:

http://download.guru3d.com/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=170

regards

"Robin" > wrote in message
> I've just installed a geforce fx 5600 and now i've only got one
> refresh rate of 60hz! ive reinstalled my monitor drivers and the
> geforce drivers and still no luck. (im using win xp sp1).
>
> any ideas & solutions?
>
> I want my 75hz back *sniffs* :-(
> Cheers, Rob.
> http://profiles.yahoo.com/robbli777
> "Feel the fear and do it anyway"

Valentine's
September 7th 03, 01:32 AM
Get NVIDIA refresh tool, XP locks it at 60FPS, its not your card ...
"TomG" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> so you can do 1024x768 but you're stuck at 60 hz? well, registry problems
> and/or bad monitor driver/registry entry...
>
> --
>
> Thomas Geery
> Network+ certified
>
> ftp://geerynet.d2g.com
> ftp://68.98.180.8 Abit Mirror <----- Cable modem IP
> This IP is dynamic so it *could* change!...
> over 115,000 FTP users served!
> ^^^^^^^
>

> "Robin" > wrote in message
> > On Fri, 5 Sep 2003 17:56:24 -0400, "TomG" >
> > wrote:
> >
> > Im stuck at 60hz no matter what i try. i previously had a geforce 3
> > ti200 which worked fine with my tft monitor (max res 1024x768 @ 75hz)
> >
> > >usually, 60 hertz limitation comes along with a resolution and color
> depth
> > >limitation as well. can you do 1024x768 and hither and 32 bit color?
> >
> > Cheers, Rob.
> > http://profiles.yahoo.com/robbli777
> > "Feel the fear and do it anyway"

klunk
September 7th 03, 06:33 AM
> Im stuck at 60hz no matter what i try. i previously had a geforce 3
> ti200 which worked fine with my tft monitor (max res 1024x768 @ 75hz)

Unlike CRT monitors where higher refresh rates reduce flicker,
a TFT monitor should work fine at 60Hz, and is usually recommended.