PDA

View Full Version : Vision GeForce4 Ti 4600 problem

Harley W. Daugehrty
August 20th 03, 03:45 AM
Just today I encountered a problem with my card, While attempting to run
Novalogic's Black Hawk Down game, I experienced visual artifacts of various
colors and stalling of the games video. I tried the demo version of Rise of
nations and encountered the video stalling.
how ever I haven't encountered the problem with other games.

Has any one encountered a problem similar and could tell me what it is?
I have included my system config, but i suspect that it is a graphics
setting, i have no idea what i did but it is rather annoying.

Any one have any ideas?

Harley

Operating System System Model
Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 1 (build 2600) No details
available
Processor a Main Circuit Board b
2666 megahertz Intel Pentium 4
8 kilobyte primary memory cache
512 kilobyte secondary memory cache Board: AS45
Bus Clock: 133 megahertz
BIOS: Phoenix Technologies, LTD 6.00 PG 09/23/2002
Drives Memory Modules c,d
82.26 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
45.06 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space

56X CD-ROM
OPTORITE CD-RW CW4802 [CD-ROM drive]
3.5" format removeable media [Floppy drive]

IC35L040AVVA07-0 [Hard drive] (41.17 GB) -- drive 1
Maxtor 6E040L0 [Hard drive] (41.11 GB) -- drive 0 512
Megabytes Installed Memory

Slot 'A0' has 512 MB
Slot 'A1' is Empty
Slot 'A2' is Empty
Local Drive Volumes

c: (on drive 0) 41.10 GB 19.32 GB free
f: (on drive 1) 41.16 GB 25.74 GB free

The Robot
August 20th 03, 06:59 PM
Are you certain there's no artifacts at boot or any time other than the
games you mention?

Harley W. Daugehrty
August 20th 03, 11:40 PM
"The Robot" > wrote in message
> Are you certain there's no artifacts at boot or any time other than the
> games you mention?

the only time I'm getting them is during game play, for high end games, I
think my problem may be overheating, one of my case fans is not running.
I recently had to reconnect my 3.5 drive power supply and I rearranged my
power lines inside the box, I apparently didn't plug in the last case fan
right........ this is the only thing I can think of, and the fact that I
was running game after the PC had been on for about 36 hours.....

Thanks for the help

Harley