PDA

View Full Version : aftermarket single-slot cooler 5900ultra?

sonicelectronic
August 17th 03, 07:10 PM
anyone see or know about aftermarket coolers that take only a single
slot for
5900 ultras? I got the evga 5900u/256 and want to convert it to single
slot.

Looks like a pci bracket and fan and heatsink would need to be
replaced. perhaps something from thermaltake or zalman or ??? I liked
MSI's copper flower 'sink, but didn't want to spend almost $600 for a
board! I got my evga from ebay for less than $400 sealed n.i.b. works
great!

s.e.

John Lewis
August 17th 03, 09:39 PM
On 17 Aug 2003 11:10:03 -0700,
(sonicelectronic) wrote:

>anyone see or know about aftermarket coolers that take only a single
>slot for
>5900 ultras? I got the evga 5900u/256 and want to convert it to single
>slot.

Why ???

The adjacent PCI slot is useless anyway, as it shares the same IRQ,
unless you have some hardware in it that does not require any
interrupt service. Sharing interrupts with the video card is generally

a VERY BAD idea.............

John Lewis

loonym
August 18th 03, 03:20 AM
om...
:
: Looks like a pci bracket and fan and heatsink would need to be
: replaced. perhaps something from thermaltake or zalman or ??? I
liked
: MSI's copper flower 'sink, but didn't want to spend almost $600
for a
: board! I got my evga from ebay for less than $400 sealed n.i.b.
works
: great!
:
: s.e.

Take a look at xoxide site. It'll give you a chance to see lottla
different options on on site and compare pricing.
http://www.xoxide.com/