PDA

View Full Version : tell me if you think I have enough power to run this hardware

Xeromus
August 16th 03, 04:02 PM
I have an Antec 400watt power supply

P4 2.4ghz
1024ram
2 hard drives 100gig combined
2 cdroms, 1 dvd, 1 burner
floppy drive
soundblaster audigy 2 platinum ex (external drive)
network adapter
cpu fan, exhaust fan, pci slot fan

currently a geforce 2 TI4200 but will soon be upgrading to a FX5600
ultra

power supply should be able to handle all this right?

Harrie Geerts
August 16th 03, 04:16 PM
No problem
"Xeromus" > schreef in bericht
> I have an Antec 400watt power supply
>
> P4 2.4ghz
> 1024ram
> 2 hard drives 100gig combined
> 2 cdroms, 1 dvd, 1 burner
> floppy drive
> soundblaster audigy 2 platinum ex (external drive)
> network adapter
> cpu fan, exhaust fan, pci slot fan
>
> currently a geforce 2 TI4200 but will soon be upgrading to a FX5600
> ultra
>
> power supply should be able to handle all this right?

Nystagmus
August 16th 03, 05:10 PM
"Xeromus" > wrote in message
> I have an Antec 400watt power supply
>
> P4 2.4ghz
> 1024ram
> 2 hard drives 100gig combined
> 2 cdroms, 1 dvd, 1 burner
> floppy drive
> soundblaster audigy 2 platinum ex (external drive)
> network adapter
> cpu fan, exhaust fan, pci slot fan
>
> currently a geforce 2 TI4200 but will soon be upgrading to a FX5600
> ultra
>
> power supply should be able to handle all this right?

A 400-watt Antec PSU should be fine.
I have the following running on an Antec 350-watt PSU.

Mainboard: AOpen - AK79G Max
CPU: AMD - XP2500 Barton Core
RAM: Apacer - PC3200 2 x 256MB
HD: Maxtor - 80GB - 7200RPM - ATA/133
CD-RW: Lite On - 52X/24X/52X
CD: AOpen - 56X
Floppy: TEAC
Video: Abit - FX5200 - 128MB DDR Audio:
Hercules: Grand Fortissimo II 5.1 Digital (awesome card)
Case/PSU Antec - Black Mid tower acrylic window with 350-watt PSU and
5 x 80mm LED fans
Cables: Nexfan - Rounded IDE/133 and floppy cables

Nystagmus