PDA

View Full Version : 45.23 drivers - 8 or 18 mb

H. Jörg
August 14th 03, 08:26 AM
I am just downloading the english version of the 45.23 drivers. However, I
would like to download a driver pack for my language but the international
drivers have a size of 18 Mb compared to the 8 Mb for the english version.
This makes a big difference for (still) 56k modem users.

For a big company like nvidia it should be possible to offer driver packages
in different languages and in similiar file size. My recommendation for the
next driver release!

SleeperMan
August 14th 03, 11:43 AM
> typed:

> I am just downloading the english version of the 45.23 drivers.
> However, I would like to download a driver pack for my language but
> the international drivers have a size of 18 Mb compared to the 8 Mb
> for the english version. This makes a big difference for (still) 56k
> modem users.
>
> For a big company like nvidia it should be possible to offer driver
> packages in different languages and in similiar file size. My
> recommendation for the next driver release!

True. But on the other hand, translation is sometimes so funny that a man
(or a woman :-))) must switch to English in order to understand the meaning
of certain functions...
How many times do you use settings? for such small time it's not worthed to
d/l so big file. Just get english.

Yes it is a large download. Try asking a friend with broadband or perhaps
your local computer dealer to download it for you. Sometimes computers
magazine cover CDs will also incorporate this so watch for that as well.

regards