PDA

View Full Version : Connecting pc to tv (via video out) I get no sound


Tea Nes
August 14th 03, 12:12 AM
I get video on the tv but no sound. I use the lineout on my soundcard to
connect to the tv or the plug I use for my speakers?

Robert Bindler
August 14th 03, 05:57 AM
On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 01:18:31 +0000 (UTC), Alan >
wrote:

> id suggest you use your speakers
> works fine for me
> using geforce 4 mx 440 pci 40.72 drivers
>
> alan
>
> "Tea Nes" > wrote in message
> ble.rogers.com...
>> I get video on the tv but no sound. I use the lineout on my soundcard
>> to
>> connect to the tv or the plug I use for my speakers?
>>
>>
>
>
>

Do your speakers have a headphone jack on the front?

I fashioned a cable with both audio connectors (red, white) on one side,
and a standard stereo headphone plug on the other. When I want to watch
movies on my tv, I connect the headphone part into the headphone jack on my
speakers (its easier than the back). The other side goes connected to the
tv like any other a/v device. Works perfectly.

--
eel Tech
http://someguy456.computed.net/

Daniel Crichton
August 14th 03, 09:53 AM
Tea Nes > wrote:
> I get video on the tv but no sound. I use the lineout on my
> soundcard to connect to the tv or the plug I use for my speakers?

I have a 3.5mm jack splitter on my speaker connector on the soundcard (mine
only has speakers out, line in, and microphone), and a 3.5mm to 2xRCA cable.
I have one 3.5mm output on the splitter connected to my PC speakers, and the
other to the 2xRCA cable to then hook up to the RCA audio connectors on my
SCART cable (with the composite video connected to my GF VIVO cable RCA
output). This way I don't have to mess around changing cables, and I can
have sound via the PC speakers and/or the TV.

Dan

Tea Nes
August 14th 03, 05:49 PM
Wait my bad, i was connecting it to sound out. But on the sound in, it only
says mono. My tv is old eh?

"Daniel Crichton" > wrote in message
. ..
> Tea Nes > wrote:
> > I get video on the tv but no sound. I use the lineout on my
> > soundcard to connect to the tv or the plug I use for my speakers?
>
> I have a 3.5mm jack splitter on my speaker connector on the soundcard
(mine
> only has speakers out, line in, and microphone), and a 3.5mm to 2xRCA
cable.
> I have one 3.5mm output on the splitter connected to my PC speakers, and
the
> other to the 2xRCA cable to then hook up to the RCA audio connectors on my
> SCART cable (with the composite video connected to my GF VIVO cable RCA
> output). This way I don't have to mess around changing cables, and I can
> have sound via the PC speakers and/or the TV.
>
> Dan
>
>

Daniel Crichton
August 15th 03, 11:37 AM
Tea Nes > wrote:
> Wait my bad, i was connecting it to sound out. But on the sound in,
> it only says mono. My tv is old eh?

More than likely, yes. But are you sure you connected both the left and
right audio output to the input on your card?

Dan