PDA

View Full Version : V7700 Deluxe FAN connector

Tintin Is Back
August 13th 03, 07:51 PM
I have to change my FAN, but the FAN connector on my V7700 Deluxe
video card is to small comparing to the standard connector of my new
FAN....

Does anyone know about the specs of this connector, which color is the
12V? and which color is the monitoring?

Thus I could adapt the small connector to the standard connector.

Thank you

Tintin Is Back
August 15th 03, 07:00 PM
I've checked the power of the new FAN, it was too powerful compared to
the original.
I have then decided to connect only the monitor wire to the video card
connector, and the 12v to the 4-pin connector by following your
explanation.

The FAN runs correctly.
The monitoring application gives 6000rpm and changes to 12000rpm each
30 seconds and comes back to 6000rpm....
The FAN specs is 4600rpm.
The monitoring signal seems different than the original FAN.

Any Idea?

Thanks

"Dave" > wrote in message >...
> "Tintin Is Back" > wrote in message
> > I have to change my FAN, but the FAN connector on my V7700 Deluxe
> > video card is to small comparing to the standard connector of my new
> > FAN....
> >
> > Does anyone know about the specs of this connector, which color is the
> > 12V? and which color is the monitoring?
>
> Blistering barnacles! Well, in a DC circuit, red is usually positive, black
> is usually negative or ground...that would mean the blue (usually middle)
> one or whatever color was left over is the monitoring input.
>
> If I were you , I would find out how much that new fan draws in amps or
> fraction thereof compared to the original fan before just splicing the wires
> into the original little connector plug. Might be better to power it off one
> of the 4-pin connectors from the PSU (yellow wire if it's a 12v. fan), and
> run just the monitoring wire (if your replacement fan even has a monitoring
> wire) to the card if it draws a bit more..."to be precise, the card should
> be plugged into the monitoring wire"...;-)
>

> > Thus I could adapt the small connector to the standard connector.
>
> Handy with a soldering iron and heat-shrink tubing?
>

> > Thank you

Granulated
August 16th 03, 08:36 PM
On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 07:52:38 GMT "Dave" > meeped :

>Blistering barnacles! Well, in a DC circuit, red is usually positive, black
>is usually negative or ground...that would mean the blue (usually middle)
>one or whatever color was left over is the monitoring input.

correct (a mundo)