PDA

View Full Version : Re: Fx5900 rocks my world

edde
August 12th 03, 02:28 PM
My MSI FX5900 has been great too.
100% stable, no problems at all.

Have you ever checked your gpu temp realtime. Maybe run a game in windowed
mode with the temp monitor running beside it. I used to think 56C was the
highest my temps got, but when I did this, I was amazed to see it hit 70C.
It only takes 2 seconds after quitting a game for the temp to drop about
15C.
However, even 70C has been no problem since it's 100% stable. Apparently
even upto 90C is no problem.

"T1000" > wrote in message
> Just installed my Albatron fx5900 (128meg) and gotta say that this card
> absolutely rocks.
>
> A few mates have bought ATI cards from the 9700 all the way through to the
> 9800pro and have had many varied problems and mixed experiences with
them...
> but still scoffed when I told them I went Nvidia again... but in my
opinion
> you simply cannot beat nvidia for stability and compatibility.
>
> The card runs sweet at 1280x1024 in Rainbow 6 Raven shield, GTA3 VC,
NOLF2,