PDA

View Full Version : DVD plaback not working - must disable TV out !

Jay
August 8th 03, 12:21 AM
Hi

I have a geforce 2 MX 400 card. I recently installed a DVDROM and when I
play certain DVD's it asks me to disable my TV out ( as the dvd's are
copywrited ) before allowing these DVD's to be played back. I cannot find
anywhere in the drivers options to disable the tv out. I have gone back to
the 30.82 drivers before nview2 and these allow me to playback any dvd's BUT
this means I cannot put the latest drivers on ( I'm using XP ). I do not
even have a tv attached. So is this a NVIEW problem or just the drivers ?

Does anyone know how to disable the tv out ! so I can install the latest
drivers !!!

Thanks

Jason

Biz
August 8th 03, 03:25 AM
WIth that card and tv-out chipset, you will need to stay with 40.72 or earlier to avoid these
problems. Besides, NONE of the newer drivers offer ANY performance or functionality enhancements
for a GF2 MX.
--
Biz

"Don't touch that please, your primitive intellect wouldn't understand
alloys and compositions and,......things with molecular structures,....and
the....." - Ash

"Jay" > wrote in message ...
> Hi
>
> I have a geforce 2 MX 400 card. I recently installed a DVDROM and when I
> play certain DVD's it asks me to disable my TV out ( as the dvd's are
> copywrited ) before allowing these DVD's to be played back. I cannot find
> anywhere in the drivers options to disable the tv out. I have gone back to
> the 30.82 drivers before nview2 and these allow me to playback any dvd's BUT
> this means I cannot put the latest drivers on ( I'm using XP ). I do not
> even have a tv attached. So is this a NVIEW problem or just the drivers ?
>

> Does anyone know how to disable the tv out ! so I can install the latest
> drivers !!!
>
> Thanks
>
> Jason

Stan Linder
August 8th 03, 11:00 AM
U might like to try DVD Region Free. It will disable the macrovision so u
can watch ur DVD's on ur TV.http://www.dvdidle.com/
"Jay" > wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I have a geforce 2 MX 400 card. I recently installed a DVDROM and when I
> play certain DVD's it asks me to disable my TV out ( as the dvd's are
> copywrited ) before allowing these DVD's to be played back. I cannot find
> anywhere in the drivers options to disable the tv out. I have gone back
> the 30.82 drivers before nview2 and these allow me to playback any dvd's
BUT
> this means I cannot put the latest drivers on ( I'm using XP ). I do not
> even have a tv attached. So is this a NVIEW problem or just the drivers ?
>

> Does anyone know how to disable the tv out ! so I can install the latest
> drivers !!!
>
> Thanks
>
> Jason

sbs
August 16th 03, 04:39 AM
Here's a question: I just got a new 5600 card today. I like it. I put
it out to TV and it will not play any of my videos, mpg's and avi's. I
am sure that it is the copyright issue and I tried to roll back to the
4072. My card was not made when 4072 was made.

Any way out?

I can play one avi off my still camera. I cannot play one that was
captured with Pinnacle 8.

Thanks