PDA

View Full Version : GeForce2 MX and Red Hat 9?

Ken Knecht
August 7th 03, 06:42 PM
I have a GeForce2 MX in my Compaq and wish to install Red Hat 9.
Will I be able to run X? If not, another Linux that will?

TIA

Ken

god.
August 7th 03, 08:17 PM
i've had no prob

"Ken Knecht" > wrote in message
.201...
> I have a GeForce2 MX in my Compaq and wish to install Red Hat 9.
> Will I be able to run X? If not, another Linux that will?
>
> TIA
>
> Ken

[email protected] writeme.com
August 7th 03, 08:36 PM
On Thu, 07 Aug 2003 17:42:00 GMT, Ken Knecht >
wrote:

>I have a GeForce2 MX in my Compaq and wish to install Red Hat 9.
>Will I be able to run X? If not, another Linux that will?

Any modern distro will detect a GF card just fine. They take varying
degrees of work to get 3D acceleration working though. I am not sure
on RH9 in that respect.

Andrew.

baskitcaise
August 7th 03, 10:49 PM
Ken Knecht wrote:

> I have a GeForce2 MX in my Compaq and wish to install Red Hat 9.
> Will I be able to run X? If not, another Linux that will?
>
> TIA
>
> Ken

Yep should work fine out of the box but if you need 3D & Open GL then you just
need to visit nvidia and d/load the driver, pretty easy to install just run
the binary.

--
Mark
Twixt hill and high water.