PDA

View Full Version : Asus V9520/Magic/T 128MB

Mario Kadastik
August 7th 03, 12:29 PM
Hello,

well it's now official, the Asus V9520/Magic/T 128MB card is with 64 bit
DDR memory although AIDA32 shows it 128 bit. I will copy here a response
from Asus tech support regarding the card's clock compared to that
what's written on their site (on site it's said that Magic should have
memory clock 400MHz, actual is 333MHz). I just wanted to inform others
as it was unclear wether or not the V9520/Magic is 64bit or 128 bit...

>Dear Customer,
> Thanks for choosing ASUS tek.
>
> Because the memory chip is 6ns, so the standard frequency it can
run >is 333MHz (166x2). We don't recommend you overclocking it. This
>memory chip is 64bit. This card is located on the low price marketing,
>so the memory spec is downgrade.

Mario Kadastik

Mario Kadastik
August 8th 03, 07:08 AM
Go Figure wrote:
> Mario Kadastik > wrote in message >...
>
>>Hello,
>>
>>well it's now official, the Asus V9520/Magic/T 128MB card is with 64 bit
>>DDR memory although AIDA32 shows it 128 bit. I will copy here a response
>>from Asus tech support regarding the card's clock compared to that
>>what's written on their site (on site it's said that Magic should have
>>memory clock 400MHz, actual is 333MHz). I just wanted to inform others
>>as it was unclear wether or not the V9520/Magic is 64bit or 128 bit...
>>
>> >Dear Customer,
>> > Thanks for choosing ASUS tek.
>> >
>> > Because the memory chip is 6ns, so the standard frequency it can
>> run >is 333MHz (166x2). We don't recommend you overclocking it. This
>> >memory chip is 64bit. This card is located on the low price marketing,
>> >so the memory spec is downgrade.
>> >

>>Mario Kadastik
>

> Crap, what about the V9520/TD ?

don't know, but as it's priced a bit higher, then it might be 128 bit...
But the only way to be shure would be to ask asus tech support. They
did answer me in 12h every time I sent them an e-mail.

Mario

Anybody
August 8th 03, 08:58 AM
what's the email, i will send one to ask.