PDA

View Full Version : Personal cinema FX5200 internal audio connector?

Laurie
August 5th 03, 09:49 PM
The above mentioned (very cool) board has a connector towards the top right,
which looks similar to motherboard audio connectors (aux, cd etc.). Is this
an internal audio connector, or if not, anyone know what it is? - can find
no info on nvidia or MSI sites!

Dr. Hawenarrl
August 5th 03, 11:46 PM
I'm not sure, mine has something like that too... I think (as I saw it on
tuned cards on the net) it's a connector for a gpufan... but as I said, I'm
not sure...

Ron Merts
August 6th 03, 08:52 AM
If you're using Windows XP it pushes audio down the IDE cable and does not
use the 4-pin audio any longer. I haven't seen the FX based Personal Cinema
cards anywhere, only the MX440 based card...where'd you find that one?

Ron

"Laurie" > wrote in message
> The above mentioned (very cool) board has a connector towards the top
right,
> which looks similar to motherboard audio connectors (aux, cd etc.). Is
this
> an internal audio connector, or if not, anyone know what it is? - can find
> no info on nvidia or MSI sites!

J.Clarke
August 6th 03, 09:01 AM
On Wed, 06 Aug 2003 07:52:31 GMT
"Ron Merts" > wrote:

> If you're using Windows XP it pushes audio down the IDE cable and does
> not use the 4-pin audio any longer.

This is application-dependent.

> I haven't seen the FX based
> Personal Cinema cards anywhere, only the MX440 based card...where'd
> you find that one?
>
> Ron
>
> "Laurie" > wrote in message
> > The above mentioned (very cool) board has a connector towards the
> > top
> right,
> > which looks similar to motherboard audio connectors (aux, cd etc.).
> > Is
> this
> > an internal audio connector, or if not, anyone know what it is? -
> > can find no info on nvidia or MSI sites!

--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)