PDA

View Full Version : Which GeForce Card?

Mark Weatherill
July 30th 03, 10:18 AM
I'm on the verge of upgrading my current GeForce 3 Ti 200 to something else,
but at a budget :-(, probably no more than 100

I'm looking towards either a Leadtek WinFast A280 LE TDH MyVIVO which works
out as:

GeForce 4 Ti 4200
128MB DDR
8X AGP
S-Video In

Or a Nvidia FX 5200 series.

Apart from GPU grunt (bear in mind I've got a GeForce 3 at the moment) I
would really like a video-in since I want to capture video.

Can someone suggest which way I should be going, it seems that the whole
GeForce 4 v FX is a bit of a minefield?

Cheers

Mark

B.J.
July 30th 03, 04:42 PM
On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 10:18:06 +0100, "Mark Weatherill"
> wrote:

>I'm on the verge of upgrading my current GeForce 3 Ti 200 to something else,
>but at a budget :-(, probably no more than 100
>
>I'm looking towards either a Leadtek WinFast A280 LE TDH MyVIVO which works
>out as:
>
>GeForce 4 Ti 4200
>128MB DDR
>8X AGP
>S-Video In
>
>Or a Nvidia FX 5200 series.
>
>Apart from GPU grunt (bear in mind I've got a GeForce 3 at the moment) I
>would really like a video-in since I want to capture video.
>
>Can someone suggest which way I should be going, it seems that the whole
>GeForce 4 v FX is a bit of a minefield?

Definitely go with the ti4200. It's a little more expensive but a
much better value IMO. If you were going to get an FX card I'd
recommend at least a 5600, and probably then the ultra version.

B.J.

RJT
July 30th 03, 09:33 PM
B.J. wrote:

>>Can someone suggest which way I should be going, it seems that the whole
>>GeForce 4 v FX is a bit of a minefield?
>

> Definitely go with the ti4200. It's a little more expensive but a
> much better value IMO. If you were going to get an FX card I'd
> recommend at least a 5600, and probably then the ultra version.

I'll second that

Martin Eriksson
July 30th 03, 11:31 PM
"RJT" > wrote in message

> B.J. wrote:
>
> >>Can someone suggest which way I should be going, it seems that the whole
> >>GeForce 4 v FX is a bit of a minefield?
> >

> > Definitely go with the ti4200. It's a little more expensive but a
> > much better value IMO. If you were going to get an FX card I'd
> > recommend at least a 5600, and probably then the ultra version.
>
> I'll second that

Me too.

PHil
July 30th 03, 11:53 PM
Yup.

See just how kick-ass the Ti 4200 128MB is:
http://www6.tomshardware.com/graphic/20030416/radeon_9600-07.html

A solid gaming card for someone on a budget.

"Martin Eriksson" > wrote in message

> > > Definitely go with the ti4200. It's a little more expensive but a
> > > much better value IMO. If you were going to get an FX card I'd
> > > recommend at least a 5600, and probably then the ultra version.
> >
> > I'll second that
>
> Me too.

Chimera
July 31st 03, 12:59 AM
given that the FX5200 would be a downgrade, I think your options become
quite clear

Max
July 31st 03, 05:10 AM
Me three.

"PHil" > skrev i meddelandet
.. .
> Yup.
>
> See just how kick-ass the Ti 4200 128MB is:
> http://www6.tomshardware.com/graphic/20030416/radeon_9600-07.html
>
> A solid gaming card for someone on a budget.
>
> "Martin Eriksson" > wrote in message

> whole

> > > I'll second that
> >
> > Me too.

Mike Lamb
August 1st 03, 03:04 AM
Me 4

Cheers,
Mike
PS You definitely know which is the recommended v
card now!

"Max" > wrote in message
> Me three.
>

> "PHil" > skrev i
meddelandet

..
..

wrote in message
> > > "RJT" > wrote in
message

be going, it seems that the
> > whole

little more expensive but a
to get an FX card I'd
then the ultra version.

> > > Me too.

Mike Lamb
August 1st 03, 04:44 PM
Me 4.
I think it has become clear what your choice
should be.

Cheers,
Mike

"Max" > wrote in message