PDA

View Full Version : HELP WITH A FLICKERING PROBLEM

O. Dearson
July 30th 03, 03:37 AM
HELP!!!
I need some technical help with my annoying flickering problem.
I just moved into a new place and since I hooked up my system I am
experiencing that problem. I have referred to my Viewsonic monitor
manual and could not find a solution that would solve the matter.The
same desktop components did not have a problem in the old place. I
tried changing power outlets to no avail. I use 1024 by 768 pixles at
85 refresh rate. Below that rate it gets worse, but I cannot raise the
rate anymore.

My system specs:
ViewSonic UltraBrite A90f+
Athlon xp 1200, 512 ram
GeForce4 Ti 4200 128

Thank You

NuT CrAcKeR
July 30th 03, 03:50 AM
it sounds like you may have bounced the monitor in your move... there are
little wires in there that keep the electron guns aligned, and the josteling
around in the move may have loosened them.

That is a definite possibility...

NuTs

"O. Dearson" > wrote in message
om...
> HELP!!!
> I need some technical help with my annoying flickering problem.
> I just moved into a new place and since I hooked up my system I am
> experiencing that problem. I have referred to my Viewsonic monitor
> manual and could not find a solution that would solve the matter.The
> same desktop components did not have a problem in the old place. I
> tried changing power outlets to no avail. I use 1024 by 768 pixles at
> 85 refresh rate. Below that rate it gets worse, but I cannot raise the
> rate anymore.
>
> My system specs:
> ViewSonic UltraBrite A90f+
> Athlon xp 1200, 512 ram
> GeForce4 Ti 4200 128
>
> Thank You

Žinoceros
July 30th 03, 08:22 AM
On 29 Jul 2003 19:37:04 -0700, (O. Dearson) wrote:

>HELP!!!
>I need some technical help with my annoying flickering problem.
>I just moved into a new place and since I hooked up my system I am
>experiencing that problem. I have referred to my Viewsonic monitor
>manual and could not find a solution that would solve the matter.The
>same desktop components did not have a problem in the old place. I
>tried changing power outlets to no avail. I use 1024 by 768 pixles at
>85 refresh rate. Below that rate it gets worse, but I cannot raise the
>rate anymore.
>
>My system specs:
>ViewSonic UltraBrite A90f+
>Athlon xp 1200, 512 ram
>GeForce4 Ti 4200 128

Do you habe a (little) powersupply lying at the back of your monitor?
This produces little magnetic "radiation" causing your tube to
flicker.

Put them some where else.

Rinus

Mario Kadastik
July 30th 03, 10:19 AM
Hello,

any big industries near the house ? Looks like interference and that
could be caused by bad power, some power supply, battery, or smth else
near the monitor. You didn't happen to just forget your mobile under the
monitor ;)? (although newer mobiles and monitors no longer interact that
much unless you are calling and holding the mobile close to the monitor)

Mario

Blaedmon wrote:

> ...or your new place electricity circuit needs a look-at. Perhaps theres
> fluctuations in the power.
>
> "O. Dearson" > wrote in message
> om...
>
>>HELP!!!
>>I need some technical help with my annoying flickering problem.
>>I just moved into a new place and since I hooked up my system I am
>>experiencing that problem. I have referred to my Viewsonic monitor
>>manual and could not find a solution that would solve the matter.The
>>same desktop components did not have a problem in the old place. I
>>tried changing power outlets to no avail. I use 1024 by 768 pixles at
>>85 refresh rate. Below that rate it gets worse, but I cannot raise the
>>rate anymore.
>>
>>My system specs:
>>ViewSonic UltraBrite A90f+
>>Athlon xp 1200, 512 ram
>>GeForce4 Ti 4200 128
>>
>>Thank You

Blaedmon
July 31st 03, 04:09 AM
....or your new place electricity circuit needs a look-at. Perhaps theres
fluctuations in the power.

om...