PDA

View Full Version : Need help - Problem installing drivers...

Bridget Funkhouser
July 27th 03, 06:35 PM
I have an Asylum GeForce4 64MB MX420 PCI card that I am having problems
with... I recently upgraded my motherboard, processor, and memory and now
cannot get my GeForce4 drivers to intsall...

When I initially boot up, Windows detects the card fine and sets it as a
Standard VGA Adapter... When I install the nVidia drivers, any version,
during boot up Windows goes thru a couple of splash screens then the system
locks leaving nothing but a black screen... My system specs are:

Intel D845PEBT2
P4/2.4GZ
1G PC2100 DDR
Quantum 20G/7200RPM
Radeon 9000Pro128MB AGP
SoundMAX Digital Sound
HP M90 19" Monitor
OS: Windows ME 4.09 Build 3000

Everything works great with the Radeon but I really would prefer my nVidia
back for various reasons... Running 3D being the biggest!

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I might do to solve the prob...
Any help is greatly appreciated...

When you upgraded your motherboard did you perform a clean installation? If
not then this is going to be a problem eventually. Otherwise run a reinstall
of Windows ME to repair any damaged system files and then try and reinstall
your video drivers.

regards

"Bridget Funkhouser" > wrote in message
arthlink.net...
> I have an Asylum GeForce4 64MB MX420 PCI card that I am having problems
> with... I recently upgraded my motherboard, processor, and memory and now
> cannot get my GeForce4 drivers to intsall...
>
> When I initially boot up, Windows detects the card fine and sets it as a
> Standard VGA Adapter... When I install the nVidia drivers, any version,
> during boot up Windows goes thru a couple of splash screens then the
system
> locks leaving nothing but a black screen... My system specs are:
>
> Intel D845PEBT2
> P4/2.4GZ
> 1G PC2100 DDR
> Quantum 20G/7200RPM
> Radeon 9000Pro128MB AGP
> SoundMAX Digital Sound
> HP M90 19" Monitor
> OS: Windows ME 4.09 Build 3000
>
> Everything works great with the Radeon but I really would prefer my nVidia
> back for various reasons... Running 3D being the biggest!
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I might do to solve the
prob...
> Any help is greatly appreciated...

Bridget Funkhouser
July 28th 03, 06:28 PM
Thanks for your reply! Yes, it was with a clean install of Windows on a
freshly formatted HD... I only installed the drivers for the MB resources
prior to the nVidia drivers...

I am leaning toward an IRQ issue... I know very little about designating an
IRQ exclusively other than I can assign a specific IRQ for the the PCI slot
in my MB bios... But windows still uses it too!!! For example, I assign the
slot with the GeForce card IRQ 11... When I go to my system info, there is
also a ton of other crap that windows assigns that IRQ to also... Is there a
way to prevent Windows from using that IRQ???