PDA

View Full Version : Re: I need a new card.

Stephan
July 25th 03, 06:09 PM
Btw:
RAM: 256 SDRAM (do I need to buy also a SDRAM videocard?)

"Stephan" > schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Hello everybody!
>
> I new a new videocard, the current one is about to give it up.
> I was recommended a "GeForce4 MX", but which one should I exactly buy?
>
> My system:
>
> T-Bird P 86-5 (from 8/2000),
> OS: Windows Me,
> Mainboard: Via ("VIA"?) 694 Chipset,
> CPU: 886 Mhz,
> 256 RAM (clock 100).
> My card is now: ATI Rage Fury Pro/Xpert 2000 Pro (AGP).
>
> I called the support, and he said, I canīt buy any AGP card with my
system.
> Can anyone please recommend me a GeForce4 MX Card and write me the exact
> name (and company) of it?
>
> Thanks in advance and sorry for my english.
>
> Stephan

HamMan
July 25th 03, 06:16 PM
"Stephan" > wrote in message
> Btw:
> RAM: 256 SDRAM (do I need to buy also a SDRAM videocard?)
>
> "Stephan" > schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > Hello everybody!
> >
> > I new a new videocard, the current one is about to give it up.
> > I was recommended a "GeForce4 MX", but which one should I exactly buy?
> >
> > My system:
> >
> > T-Bird P 86-5 (from 8/2000),
> > OS: Windows Me,
> > Mainboard: Via ("VIA"?) 694 Chipset,
> > CPU: 886 Mhz,
> > 256 RAM (clock 100).
> > My card is now: ATI Rage Fury Pro/Xpert 2000 Pro (AGP).
> >
> > I called the support, and he said, I canīt buy any AGP card with my
> system.
> > Can anyone please recommend me a GeForce4 MX Card and write me the exact
> > name (and company) of it?
> >
> > Thanks in advance and sorry for my english.
> >
> > Stephan

A GeForce4 MX440 with 64 or 128Mb (the 128 may be overkill for your system
though)

Make sure you get a DDR version though, much faster

HamMan
July 25th 03, 07:27 PM
"Stephan" > wrote in message
> Thanks, cool!
>
> Whatīs the difference between "GeForce4 MX 440" and "GeForce4 MX 440 with
> AGP 8X"? Are both ok with my system? How about the "GeForce4 MX 440-SE"
(is
> it an update ("second edition"?)?)? I think, the support said, I canīt buy
> "Quadro" (chip?). My current Bus Typ is "AGP 1X, AGP 2X, AGP 4X".
>

> "John Steed" > schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 19:23:36 +0200, "Stephan" >
> > wrote:
> >

> > >So I can buy a videocard with "DDR" even though my RAM is "SDRAM"?
> Thanks!
> > >:-)
> >
> > Yes, the two are independent of each other.
> > --
> > ex·is·ten·tial·ism ( P ) Pronunciation Key (gz-stnsh-lzm, ks-)
> > n.
> > A philosophy that emphasizes the uniqueness
> > and isolation of the individual experience
> > in a hostile or indifferent universe, regards
> > human existence as unexplainable, and stresses
> > freedom of choice and responsibility for the
> > consequences of one's acts.

The AGP 8x bus will be faster on a motherborad with AGP 8x support, but as
you only have 4x it will make no difference. It may be prefereable to get it
if you plan to upgrade soon, or there is not much price difference

Biz
July 25th 03, 09:21 PM
Maybe you mistyped something, but if you CAN'T buy an AGP card for your system, make sure you are
buying a PCI card then if that is indeeed the case. Was your video integrated by any chance?
--
Biz

"Don't touch that please, your primitive intellect wouldn't understand
alloys and compositions and,......things with molecular structures,....and
the....." - Ash

"Stephan" > wrote in message ...
> Hello everybody!
>
> I new a new videocard, the current one is about to give it up.
> I was recommended a "GeForce4 MX", but which one should I exactly buy?
>
> My system:
>
> T-Bird P 86-5 (from 8/2000),
> OS: Windows Me,
> Mainboard: Via ("VIA"?) 694 Chipset,
> CPU: 886 Mhz,
> 256 RAM (clock 100).
> My card is now: ATI Rage Fury Pro/Xpert 2000 Pro (AGP).
>
> I called the support, and he said, I canīt buy any AGP card with my system.
> Can anyone please recommend me a GeForce4 MX Card and write me the exact
> name (and company) of it?
>
> Thanks in advance and sorry for my english.
>
> Stephan

Stephan
July 26th 03, 03:38 AM
Hi!

Sorry, I meant:
I must buy an AGP card, but "not every" (I thought thatīs the same as "any"
in the moment I wrote it) AGP card fits with my system, i.e. "Quattro".

Whatīs the meaning of "SE" in some GeForce4 cards?

Stephan