PDA

View Full Version : External display on Medion laptop with GForce FX 5200

Martin
July 22nd 03, 07:56 PM
Hi

I can't get my Medion laptop to simply display the main screen on an
external monitor. All I get is this crappy (and totally useless) extra
screen area. I know that in that awful Nvidia desktop manager there should
be an option to "clone" the display or something. The version of the
software I have does not appear to have this facility (or it's well hidden)
THe walk through's I've seen on a couple of websites show a different
variant of the software.

For those interested, the Medion (sold through Toys R Us, believe it or
not!) is a nice machine, only really spoilt by the crappy graphics card, but
I suppose you can't have everything!

Thanks

Martin

Shepİ
July 22nd 03, 09:00 PM
On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 19:56:11 +0100, In this world we created "Martin"
> wrote :

>Hi
>
>I can't get my Medion laptop to simply display the main screen on an
>external monitor. All I get is this crappy (and totally useless) extra
>screen area. I know that in that awful Nvidia desktop manager there should
>be an option to "clone" the display or something. The version of the
>software I have does not appear to have this facility (or it's well hidden)
>THe walk through's I've seen on a couple of websites show a different
>variant of the software.

Might be something on here,
http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?PAGE=support_faqs

>For those interested, the Medion (sold through Toys R Us, believe it or
>not!) is a nice machine, only really spoilt by the crappy graphics card, but
>I suppose you can't have everything!
>
>Thanks
>
>Martin

I've worked on and recommended,"Medion" systems for 3 years or
more.They are superb build quality/price and their after sales is
usually top notch.If the above URL doesn't help ring them direct and
ask for a call back so you don't pay.They have been nothing but
helpful to all those I know who have their systems :)

--
Free Windows/PC help,
Free songs download,

Martin
July 22nd 03, 09:53 PM
"Shepİ" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 19:56:11 +0100, In this world we created "Martin"
> > wrote :
>
> >Hi
> >
> >I can't get my Medion laptop to simply display the main screen on an
> >external monitor. All I get is this crappy (and totally useless) extra
> >screen area. I know that in that awful Nvidia desktop manager there
should
> >be an option to "clone" the display or something. The version of the
> >software I have does not appear to have this facility (or it's well
hidden)
> >THe walk through's I've seen on a couple of websites show a different
> >variant of the software.
>
> Might be something on here,
> http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?PAGE=support_faqs
>

> >For those interested, the Medion (sold through Toys R Us, believe it or
> >not!) is a nice machine, only really spoilt by the crappy graphics card,
but
> >I suppose you can't have everything!
> >
> >Thanks
> >
> >Martin
>
> I've worked on and recommended,"Medion" systems for 3 years or
> more.They are superb build quality/price and their after sales is
> usually top notch.If the above URL doesn't help ring them direct and
> ask for a call back so you don't pay.They have been nothing but
> helpful to all those I know who have their systems :)

Thanks for that. I finally found the right bit. god awful bit of software
though that Nvidia desktop manager. Even Bill Gates would be ashamed!!

Yes, my Medion laptop got a good review recently, only knocked for having
256 meg of ram. It now has 512 as standard, so you can't go wrong there.

Martin