PDA

View Full Version : How can you tell for sure if a 5200 FX is 64-bit or 128-bit ?

July 21st 03, 12:01 PM
Sometimes the box doesn't say so, and web vendors are even worse in
this regard.

Derek Wildstar
July 21st 03, 03:46 PM
> wrote in message
> Sometimes the box doesn't say so, and web vendors are even worse in
> this regard.

If it doesn't say, it's 64.

Granulated
July 21st 03, 07:39 PM
On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 14:46:27 GMT "Derek Wildstar" > meeped :

> wrote in message
>> Sometimes the box doesn't say so, and web vendors are even worse in
>> this regard.
>
>If it doesn't say, it's 64.

just by the by...I saw a box emblazoned "5200 ULTRA" yesterday at the Croydon
computer fair.

it was 65 quid.

seemed like a miss-pricing..?? coz I've seen the Creative ultras going for 131
at Komplett.

Alex
July 22nd 03, 01:06 AM
If its got 8 Memory chips,,, apparently its 128bit.

> wrote in message
> Sometimes the box doesn't say so, and web vendors are even worse in
> this regard.

Strontium
July 22nd 03, 02:20 AM
Not always...

My card is 256bit...8 chips. Number of chips is irrelevent.

It's the number of pipes, that's important.

-
Alex stood up, at show-n-tell in and

--
Strontium

"It's no surprise, to me. I am my own worst enemy. `Cause every
now, and then, I kick the livin' **** `outta me." - Lit

Darthy
July 22nd 03, 12:41 PM
On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 13:01:44 +0200, wrote:

>Sometimes the box doesn't say so, and web vendors are even worse in
>this regard.

Buy a $90 TI4200 and not worry about it www.pricewatch.com

When 512K of video RAM was a lot!

Death to Palladium & WPA!!