PDA

View Full Version : suggested settings for geforce 5600?

John Constable
July 19th 03, 08:06 PM
I've just installed my newly arrived Palit Daytona FX 5600.

Can anyone suggest good settings for best performance? I'm a complete novice
and the most graphics-heavy applications I'll be running are Commanche 4 and
the Dawn/Dusk/Ogre demos from Nvidia which I'd like to look as immpressive
as possible.

Also, please could anyone advise me on the latest driver and how I find out
what I have installed (the driver info says 4.3.4.0 but the Nvidia website
refers to the drivers in the form 44.03 and 'Detonator FX' - would that be
the latest driver for this board?)

tia

[NAC]Nubi
July 19th 03, 08:42 PM
suggested settings? hmm everyone is diff, what's good for you may not be
good for me...just use what looks good to 'your eyes'.
drivers? tricky question...because 'the lastest' drivers are out there dont
mean that they are the drivers 'for you'. some help and some hurt. best to
surf this ng to find answers, dont post just when you have
questions/problems.

"John Constable" > wrote in message
> I've just installed my newly arrived Palit Daytona FX 5600.
>
> Can anyone suggest good settings for best performance? I'm a complete
novice
> and the most graphics-heavy applications I'll be running are Commanche 4
and
> the Dawn/Dusk/Ogre demos from Nvidia which I'd like to look as immpressive
> as possible.
>
> Also, please could anyone advise me on the latest driver and how I find
out
> what I have installed (the driver info says 4.3.4.0 but the Nvidia website
> refers to the drivers in the form 44.03 and 'Detonator FX' - would that be
> the latest driver for this board?)
>
> tia

The latest driver for your card from the Palit website is 44.71 which is
located here:

http://www.palit.com.tw/

Choose support at the top of the page and then drivers.

regards

"John Constable" > wrote in message
> I've just installed my newly arrived Palit Daytona FX 5600.
>
> Can anyone suggest good settings for best performance? I'm a complete
novice
> and the most graphics-heavy applications I'll be running are Commanche 4
and
> the Dawn/Dusk/Ogre demos from Nvidia which I'd like to look as immpressive
> as possible.
>
> Also, please could anyone advise me on the latest driver and how I find
out
> what I have installed (the driver info says 4.3.4.0 but the Nvidia website
> refers to the drivers in the form 44.03 and 'Detonator FX' - would that be
> the latest driver for this board?)
>
> tia

John Constable
July 19th 03, 10:41 PM